The International School of Minnesota Reviews

I started teaching at The International School of Minnesota 3 years ago, knowing very little about the school.

Within a few weeks it became very clear that ISM is a very special community.

The teachers are all among the most dedicated, knowledgable and competent instructors I have known. And I have known many instructors during my 30 year teaching career.

The students, from pre k to 12th grade, are a joy to be around. They are happy, motivated, occasionally silly, and always brilliant. The ethnic diversity of the teachers and students makes ISM a little world unto itself. Walking down the halls I hear conversations in Spanish, English, French, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Arabic, and Azerbaijani.

The parents are supportive and involved, as is the school administration.

The facilities include a new science wing, new early childhood rooms, remodeled cafeteria, and new fitness room. Arrays of solar cells help ISM stay green.

ISM has an amazing music and arts program.

ISM is The Best!
The International School of Minnesota (ISM) is a very diverse, open and academically challenging school to attend. With a strong student life organization that connects the whole community in various different events to the amazing performing arts and academics of this school, it truly has been an amazing experience. There are students from all around the world which gives the school a chance to shine and explore new cultures. The close-knit community forms into a family between all the people there. It has an excellent performing arts and academic program with the majority of students excelling in both. The school is quite small, has a decent athletics program and sometimes it's hard to branch out and try new things as opportunities can be limited at times.
Excellent school for my three children to attend! Two of our three kids will be graduates from ISM. The teachers are the best and that is what has kept us going back each year.
Start Your Review of The International School of Minnesota
The ability to be involved with so many activities throughout high school, from performing arts to the Student Life Organization to robotics, was phenomenal. I wish it were a little bigger though.
I love this school! It’s academics are challenging yet engaging. It’s such a welcoming diverse community. One of the greatest things about it is it’s small size, this allows students to get the help they need from the incredible teachers.
I’ve only been at ISM for 3 years of high school, but I’m pretty certain that this school is a really good school. As an international student, I have experienced lots of fun activities at the school such as music concert or robotics competition. ISM has really rigorous classes as staffs that care about their students. Besides that, the food is so so and sports is not that competitive at ISM 😂😂😂.
ive been running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running running
I am not in the International School of Minnesota right now, but I am a Blake student.Sorry I left, but I was forced too. I still have so many great memories of ISM. All teachers were patient and understood students easily. I rated this 5 stars because I like the organization of how the schools go. If you read this review, you may or may not know me. If you are a teacher, thank you for all your hard work and I wish I could be a part of school once again! Thanks! - Julien Lucas
I went here from the age of 3 up until 18 when I graduated. I loved the experience, my classes prepared me really well for college, and the academics were amazing. I made life long friends there and it was a very supportive and comfortable environment. The teachers were always helpful and genuinely cared about us.
I love the school for all of its charms! I have been going here for 15 years and I've seen ISM really transform into the community it is tomorrow. The teachers are wonderful and the student body is very focused and academic, despite what they may say sometimes. The school has been struggling a bit with the teacher and student retention, but the marketing team and administration are working pretty hard to combat this. Great school for college-bound students.
I have had a wonderful experience. The environment is welcoming and stimulating. There are many very qualified and knowledgeable teachers at this school who are able to make the difficult course work understandable and accessible to the students. It is a small school, but this allows for more one on one opportunities with the teachers. The Student Life Organization gives children a wonderful opportunity to learn many valuable skills for the future.
The academic courses are quite rigorous with every high school student taking at least 4 AP courses when they graduate. The courses getting to be too much for students due tThe teachers are mostly committed to the success of their students due to their passion and close knit community. The administration has some problems with hiring process, some faculty members do not carry out their jobs. Overall good for academics, but not for the true high school experience.
The International School of Minnesota prepares you for many aspects of life. It has been ranked the most challenging school in Minnesota, and the rigorous academics and opportunities it gives, allows students to become the best they can be.
We have been at the International School for over 9 years. We started in Pre-S and Pre-K and planned to move to public starting in KG. There are many reasons why we chose to stay. The SABIS curriculum, language program, classroom size and the incredible teachers. My children are not only doing well at ISM, they are thriving, academically and socially.
Good atmosphere. Very rigorous. Every one here is hella smart. All of my friends did amazing on their standardized tests. Great community feel. 10/10 would recommend.
Not a bad school, but not a good one either. It’d be better without SABIS. Some teachers are very knowledgable, but the other dont know what they’re doing. Supportive environment to LGBTQIA+ students, dominantly liberal opinions. Some teahers are terrible; they’re very opinionated. SLO is a good place to brush up your leadership skill. Lots of extracurricular options (not a lot of sports though). Terrible food.
It’s a true community. The teachers care about their students and want to see them succeed. Our academic team always watches the student’s progress to ensure that they do not fall behind. A+ school.
Start Your Review of The International School of Minnesota
Wonderful school. From an early age the students are able to create friendships that last a life time. ISM is not a school, Its a family. Everyone knows everyone and the support from peers, staff, and parents here is unlike any other school i have seen.
ISM taught me so much in the 16 years I attended, starting in Preschool with good manners that have stuck with me since and now today in college with my organization and testing strategies! The teachers and administration were always very accommodating and because of the size, ISM always felt like family.
My daughter went to ISM from Pre-School and graduated in 2016. I'm very thankful to all the teachers, administrators and community .