The Hotchkiss School Reviews

Hotchkiss has fallen behind the times in terms of both faculty and administrative diversity as well as its STEM curriculum. For example, unlike much of its competition, Hotchkiss has failed to appoint a female or non-white head of school despite frequent turnover, and most of its faculty diversity is restricted to the admissions department and temporary teaching fellows. Deans of Student, Academic, and Residential Life are unusually and exceedingly inexperienced. Hotchkiss also has an extremely weak STEM program compared to other schools. If Hotchkiss desires to achieve the level of schools like Exeter and Andover, it should look to refresh its upper administration with experienced and student-oriented leaders with powerful visions for the school's future.
The Hotchkiss School is a high pressure boarding school that breeds curious and intelligent young adults.
It's amazing. Changed my life for ever. I felt a connection to this Hotchkiss when I applied and it was an experience I will never forget.
Start Your Review of The Hotchkiss School
I am currently loving my time at Hotchkiss. I was not fully prepared for the boarding school experience when I arrived, as it took some time to fully assimilate to the lifestyle. My teachers were great at helping ease the transition to prep year, and I have grown immensely as a student, person, time-manager, and decision maker during my time here. As soon as one fully commits to the experience, the community seems to open itself up, and relationships with kids from all different walks of life form. Hotchkiss only becomes better as I discover the limitless opportunities that are available.
Today one of my friends said, "If you have the opportunity to come to a school like Hotchkiss, you should never turn it down." There is no statement I have ever agreed to more. This school has been the best place for me. It has been a lot of work, but it's worth it. You'll get out what you put in, and people here realize that they have to go for what they want, and they do.
I love The Hotchkiss School. As a two-year student, I can say my experience at my school has changed me for the better. I‎t is a welcoming and kind community full of students who strive for excellence in multiple areas.
I just love it. No place I'd rather be because every facet of this school is amazing. The classes, teachers, athletics are all great and just add to the great community here.
Attending Hotchkiss has been a transformative experience that continues to foster an inner love and curiosity for learning. The value of academic excellence on campus is evident in the rigorous curriculum, challenging even the most gifted of students. I am forever grateful for my experiences at Hotchkiss and encourage prospective students to apply.
The Hotchkiss School is without a doubt the BEST boarding school to attend. The size of the community is moderate and this creates a more inclusive community. The sense of community here is unbelievable and you'll meet some of your best friends for a life time. I came from an international day school in Beijing and my transition has been fantastic due to the fantastic community. All in all, it was not easy applying to this school but the hard work was all worthit.
I was from a modest background when I was accepted then attended Hotchkiss. I immediately fit it and felt no judgment from other students or faculty.

My horizons were broadened, my education was amazing, I found I could strive for goals I never thought possible from my background.

I applied and was accepted to MIT and Standford. I was very well prepared relative to my peers.

Many of my best friends and memories are from my days at Hotchkiss, even now, several years out of university.

I could not have imagined myself at one of the larger boarding schools in the Northeast. Hotchkiss was a good size, where I knew almost everyone and they knew me. I was able to participate in any activity, such as theater, whereas other schools, it would have been a battle to get a bit part.

I'm grateful every day for the opportunity that Hotchkiss presented me.
The Hotchkiss School is an amazing boarding school located in Lakeville, CT. As a recent graduate, I can say that Hotchkiss has inspired, challenged, and molded me in so many ways. The students are bright and come for immensely diverse backgrounds, not just geographically, but educationally, politically, religiously, etc. I have experienced numerous ups and downs at Hotchkiss, and I am so grateful that I got to spend 4 years there.
The Hotchkiss School is a wonderful boarding school located in the northwest corner of Connecticut. The school sits on a hill that overlooks Lake Wononskopomuc. The campus is gorgeous, and there are multiple exceptional dormitories. Last year, Hotchkiss opened Redlich dormitory, which is now a hub for the students on campus. The teachers are amazing, and often offer office times on weekends, which is a time where they would much rather spend with their families. Because of this, it is very easy for students to excel in their studies.
Amazing school with a great community. The boys' sports haven't been as strong in recent years as they used to be but overall Hotchkiss is one of the best.
My experience at Hotchkiss has been categorized by a uniquely welcoming community, deeply engaging Instructors, a highly rigorous workload and an abundance of athletic and extra-curricular opportunities. As the school continues to evolve, I hope Hotchkiss is able to maintain the number of sacred traditions that make it so special.
Top tier boarding school in the United States that rivals and even surpasses their sister schools such as Lawrenceville, Deerfield, Andover, Exeter, and Choate
Our school is safe and our health center is accessible and warm.
Hotchkiss extracurriculars provide everyone the opportunity to get involved in any way they desire. If a student wishes to start a club, one which doesn't fall under the umbrella of any other, it is a fairly simple process.
Start Your Review of The Hotchkiss School
My time at Hotchkiss was amazing, and I wouldn't change a thing.
Our teachers are friendly, approachable, brilliant, and overwhelmingly helpful. Getting to know my teachers has been the most life-changing part of my time at Hotchkiss.
Honestly, this school is really just not for me. It could be for you, I think it is for a particular type of person.