COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
We continue to move forward the Hockaday way: By putting our people first, we are deeply committed to the health, safety, and well-being of our students and the entire Hockaday community. We are offering on-campus and distance learning instruction for all of our students. Learn More
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
The Hockaday School is an independent, college preparatory day and boarding school for girls of strong potential and diverse backgrounds who may be expected to assume positions of responsibility and leadership in a rapidly changing world. Hockaday is the nation's largest prekindergarten through grade 12 independent girls' school and includes a Residence Department for up to 80 boarders. Ranked among the country's finest college preparatory schools, it was founded in 1913 and continues today to build on its original Four Cornerstones: Character, Courtesy, Scholarship, and Athletics.
The Hockaday School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+189 Students
- A+109 Students
- A+106 Students
- A+102 Students
- A+100 Students
- A+96 Students
- A+84 Students
- A+79 Students
- A+76 Students
- A+72 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
The Hockaday School Reviews
Additionally, Hockaday offers a myriad of unique opportunities for students to explore, from spending a semester in Switzerland to participating in the ISAS fine arts festival (one of my favorite memories). The school values the whole student, and this is evident through their core values: character, courtesy, scholarship, and athletics. This school is a gem, and it encourages its students to become women who pursue their interests and make a difference in the world.