COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Over the last several weeks, our team of administrators, board members, COVID Task Force and healthcare professionals have been working together developing our Re-Open Plan to safely and sensibly kick off our 2020-2021 school year in person, on site, and on time. We offer our families the flexibility to decide the best way for their child to learn on campus or at home. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade B+
Our mission at The Highlands School is clear: Education to face the world, formation to change it.
The Highlands School is a Pre-K3 through 12th grade Catholic college preparatory school. Our enrollment is just under 400 students. Our smaller school environment affords students a higher teacher to student ratio, more opportunities to participate in extracurricular and sports activities, and creates a marvelous family atmosphere that fosters the flourishing of the individual.
Our school is best known for its strong academics and the full development of all aspects of the person. This is fruit of our four-tiered Integral Formation® methodology which focuses on the intellectual, spiritual, character, and apostolic development of each student. Highlighting this is the recognition we have received being named to the National Catholic High School Honor Roll every year since 2004, Cardinal Newman Society.
The Highlands School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+39 Students
- grade A29 Students
- grade A+24 Students
- grade A minus22 Students
- grade A+21 Students
- grade A17 Students
- grade A minus16 Students
- grade A minus13 Students
- grade A13 Students
- grade A+10 Students
Intregal Formation at The Highlands School
Fundamental & distinctive to THS, is our educational philosophy of Integral Formation®. This involves educating a child while giving experience of God’s love & truth, making them capable of projecting God’s love into the culture around him. In short, this is key to preparing your child to become a mature, confident leader who is able to build a successful career, marriage, family & community.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 11 responses
- Homecoming Week25%
- All school mass, Mother's day mass, First Communio15%
- Clash of the Classes15%
- Field Day13%
- Annual Auction and Gala4%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 19 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B
The Highlands School Reviews
Caring teachers, strong academics, strong leadership opportunities!
High school has opportunity for lots of AP classes and college credit, and has awesome environment for teens!
Middle school is AMAZING here too!