The Hawbridge School is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Saxapahaw, NC. It has 319 students in grades 5-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
The Hawbridge School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+35 Students
- A+29 Students
- A-25 Students
- B+22 Students
- B+14 Students
- B+11 Students
- B+10 Students
- A-9 Students
- B+8 Students
- B8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
The Hawbridge School Reviews
The staff at the Hawbridge School try to provide an open and creative atmosphere for learning for all of their students. The administration is helpful and friendly, and the schools environment is tight-knit. The only things to be aware is that the school only has two sports it participates in ( Cross Country, Soccer), and the school does not have a cafeteria, which requires students to bring in their own lunches from home. This school has passionate teachers that hope and work towards seeing all of their students to succeed both at Hawbridge and in their future endeavours.
Charter schools are not automatically great at everything. Make sure you send your child here for the right reasons. The classes are a bit smaller. Most of the teachers are good, some are great and they care a lot. EC is great. But the curriculum is very restrictive. They don't allow you to take languages online. Your're no longer allowed to take AP classes until 11th grade - they won't budge on this. They have also started cutting back on some honors classes and require American History 1 now. But it is small and friendly and my student had some good learning experiences. Also had some classes where my daughter learned nothing for a full semester. It's just very uneven, depends on who the teacher is - there doesn't seem to be any professional development or oversight going on or any cohesiveness in teaching methods, teachers can do whatever they want - which can be very good... or not-so-good. On balance it evened out, I guess. Just know what to expect and be OK with restrictions.
My kids love this school! We all love the fact they can eat lunch outside everyday and seem to have time to do homework in Bridge. I really wish they could go back to the old way being out on the river and outside in general more, but I think most teachers take them out as much as possible. My kids have learned a lot and really like their teachers. Although there are a few teachers they should definitely consider replacing. On a whole, the teachers are great with several who go above and beyond! Administration have done a good job, although they have made some changes the kids are not in favor of. They could stand to have more options for clubs and after school activities.