- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
The Haverford School has 136 years of experience in preparing boys for life. We are leaders in educating boys: our best-for-boys approach will help identify your son's passion - and fuel it. We recognize boys' innate competitiveness, their boundless energy, their need to learn with their hands, their sense of humor, and their sense of fairness - and we teach accordingly. We take pride in academic excellence: our rigorous liberal arts curriculum empowers boys to master knowledge in a variety of disciplines, offering experiences in the Design and Engineering Studio, in scientific laboratories at local universities, and in small classes with our industry-leading faculty. We develop men of character: our teachers, coaches, and mentors focus on building compassion and empathy, and teach that such traits are the full expression of being a man. We are rooted in our Honor Code and Principles of Community, and give boys a foundation to lead a fulfilling and meaningful life.
The Haverford School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+93 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+36 Students
- A+36 Students
- A+35 Students
- A+31 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
The Haverford School Reviews
The teachers are extremely attentive and will get to know you very well as a student and human being. The small class sizes attribute to this, and will be something your son will learn to appreciate as the curriculum gets harder every year. The environment, while competitive on a friendly level, is nurturing and collaborative. Whether it is the classroom, the athletic fields, or the, each student will be challenged and pushed to become the best version of themselves.
As a student of color who transferred from a public middle school, I have had my fair share of challenging experiences on a social level upon arrival. But like me, I believe that each and every student will eventually find their niche here and thrive. I will miss this wonderful place.
The athletics are very competitive, which can be tough, but both my guys did well and learned a lot about being a committed member of a team.
The academics are very strong and can be dialed up or down based on what the student can handle. The college admissions is strong also. The admissions team really works hard for each student.
Niche gives Haverford a lower ranking for diversity, which is off base. I see a lot of diversity there.
Given it is an all boys school, there is a little bit of a “survival of the fittest” culture across the student body, which is played out on the field and in the classroom. I think this is to be expected - realistically it helps prepare the boys for life.