COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Gunston WILL BE OPEN this fall, albeit with some meaningful changes in our policies and procedures that will likely make next year feel quite different. Each decision we make will be guided by the key tenets of our mission — rigor, nurture, and personalization — as well as those key elements of the Gunston experience that mean so much to our students: community, camaraderie, and fun. Learn More
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
The Gunston School endorses a student-centered philosophy that encourages achievement and personal growth by emphasizing the balanced development of the whole student— intellectually, morally, culturally, and physically. The best way to experience Gunston is to visit our extraordinary campus. Come to an Open House event, or schedule a personal tour. Personalization is one of the key words in our mission statement, and we provide each child and family with a comprehensive, informative, and engaging visit and tour.
The Gunston School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A21 Students
- A+15 Students
- B13 Students
- B+11 Students
- B+10 Students
- A10 Students
- B+9 Students
- B+9 Students
- B-8 Students
- A+8 Students
Nationally Recognized Environmental Programs
The Gunston School’s Chesapeake Bay Studies Program (and the newly launched Chesapeake Watershed Semester) are deeply immersive programs that use the Bay as a microcosm to increase awareness of our relationship and responsibility to the natural environment. Students develop a deep sense of history and understanding of complex economic, social, and political issues.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses