The Gordon School Reviews

I love the teachers, curriculum, and the community at Gordon. When my oldest began in the first grade, she was below benchmark in reading and was in a program that allows teachers and specialists to work more intensively with students who need more support. The approach to differentiated instruction (more challenge or more support) was one of the things that drew me to Gordon. Her teachers showed an appreciation for her learning style and a helped her strengthen her skills while keeping a love of reading. She didn’t get discouraged and moved through and beyond the benchmarks because she loved reading! Both kids’ teachers have nurtured their love of learning. Equally important, my children have developed a respect and sense of responsibility to their community and to the world, thanks to the multicultural, social justice curriculum. They are learning to learn to think, to analyze, to communicate, and to keep learning to make the world more just.
Our 4th grade son has been at Gordon since 1st grade. We have loved all of his teachers, the facilities at Gordon, and the community that we share with the Gordon family. He is challenged academically and also grows emotionally and socially. Love this school, its mission, and leadership!
It’s a wonderful school under top notch leadership. It feels inclusive and welcoming. It supports the whole family’s journey through the child’s education and I have learned as much as a parent as my kids seem to be learning. The family individualized tuition program makes our enrollment feasible.
Start Your Review of The Gordon School
Our daughter has been at Gordon for three years now and I can't say enough good things about our experience. The faculty and staff - everyone from the front desk receptionist to the nurse to the theater teacher to the admissions director - are amazing. They make you feel welcome and like it's a school community where you and your family belong. The focus on social justice in the curriculum is nationally recognized and like nothing else I've seen at other independent schools in the area. We wish our daughter had started going here earlier and that she never had to leave. But we know she'll be fully prepared - academically, emotionally, and socially - for whatever comes next.
My family and I love the Gordon school for so many reasons.. the social / emotional learning is beyond compare, the academics are tailored to the needs of all the children in the classrooms, the faculty give 100% all the time and their passion for the school, the kids, and the community is felt the minute you walk in the door. I can't imagine my child going to school anywhere else!
We have had 2 children attend Gordon (one currently). The academics are excellent and the faculty is outstanding. I highly recommend attending an Open House because the school really has to be experienced. Gordon has played an important role in helping us raise happy, confident and considerate kids.
We think of Gordon as our third parent, giving our two children the opportunity to grow and take risks in a nurturing environment. The diversity and keen attention to social justice is woven inextricably into the curriculum, resulting in academic excellence that prepares our children for a lifetime of empathy and connection. Modeling lifelong learning, Gordon's teachers are tireless in their pursuit professional development. The practice of teaching to every child is complex, yet they approach each challenge as an opportunity to expand their expertise. We feel that the school is in partnership with our family to grow and nurture our children with joy and playful curiosity.
We have loved every minute at this lovely school. The teachers are thoughtful and so wonderful. It truly has been a gift to send our daughter here . The school community is supportive and there is so much joy in the learning. Every child is known and the teachers do such a fantastic job challenging as well as supporting the students.
Our daughter has been at Gordon School since nursery (she is currently a 4th grader). We have been overwhelmingly happy with her experience at Gordon School. In Early Childhood (N-K), the play-based curriculum provided our daughter with the opportunity to learn as she enjoyed play with her classmates and teachers. She explored indoors and out, with guidance from the many teachers. Her confidence as a student and a learner flourished in Early Childhood. In Lower School (1-4), she has grown tremendously each year. The school provides children with a safe, nurturing, challenging environment for learning. Academically, she has reached new levels each year. More importantly to us, though, we have watched our daughter become a confident, poised, thoughtful, curious, and intelligent human and we attribute so much of that to Gordon School.
I am so grateful that my family found the Gordon School. The faculty and staff - and the other parents - helped my wife and I raise happy, confident children and the academics are unparalleled. By not having a high school, Gordon can focus on the crucial eleven (!) years that end in eighth grade.
A school with a great education. However, relies too much on certain types of subjects, and not enough on others.