- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Sportsgrade A minus
The Frederick Gunn School, founded in 1850, is a co-ed boarding and day school for students in grades 9-12 as well as a post-graduate year. Mr. Gunn had a deep appreciation for the natural world, believing that in nature students understand themselves as humans and their place in the world. He took a principled stand against slavery and spurred students (and the town at large) to examine their beliefs. In addition to the habits and skills students will need in college and life beyond, we teach them to follow Mr. Gunn’s example: to cultivate wisdom, to be trailblazers, to act with conviction, and to value character as highly as intellect and achievement.
The Frederick Gunn School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A22 Students
- grade A+16 Students
- grade A+12 Students
- grade A12 Students
- grade A minus11 Students
- grade A minus11 Students
- grade A+11 Students
- grade A+10 Students
- grade A minus10 Students
- grade A+9 Students
What are students getting ready for? Really?
Our curriculum is broad and we encounter a wide range of topics in the classroom. But most importantly we learn how to learn, because that lasts a lifetime, long after we’ve forgotten the names of the Tudor monarchs. It’s preparation for college, certainly, but more importantly for life long after college.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 16 responses
- All School Walk80%
- Holiday Concert, Athletic events...20%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 16 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 16 responses
The Frederick Gunn School Reviews
Most importantly, the teachers are accessible and make all efforts to help you succeed. The academic program is rigorous but there is lots of time for extracurricular activities. This is a great place to attend school!
We have discovered all this to be true. The Gunnery is an intimate environment filled with passionate, committed educators. Our son feels challenged and encouraged to push himself, knowing he will receive the support he needs to succeed. Even if at first he doesn't!
There is an emphasis placed on the values of character, loyalty, kindness, and perseverance. All traits now valued and sought out by CEOs across the globe.