The English High School is a public, magnet school located in Boston, MA. It has 537 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
The English High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+57 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+34 Students
- A34 Students
- B-34 Students
- B-33 Students
- A+32 Students
- C+28 Students
- B-25 Students
- B+25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
The English High School Reviews
English High is such a welcoming community filled with amazing people that are willing to push you to your fullest capacity. They’re so many opportunities for students to further their education and the careers that they have in mind. One of those things that were set in place to aid in that are The Pathways. Pathways were created by the incredible Mr.Xavier Rozas himself! The purpose of creating something so great like this is to build the foundation for students future greatness and to help them figure out which occupation they want to succeed in.Students will have the chance to explore careers in Business Technology, Protective Services, Health Assisting, Digital Marketing and Web Development. I personally take Business Technology and I’m so happy to say how grateful I am to have such an amazing teacher, Ms.Ferreira who truly cares on where we end up in life. She takes extra steps to understand our vision and tries to navigate our mindsets to our desired destination.
My overall experience at the English High School was average. I like the English High because of the several career pathway options that they offer, inclusion in events such as homecoming, and the effort that most of the teachers implement into their lessons everyday. Despite the reputation the school holds, I believe that the English is making an effort to improve as the years go by with constant visits and ideas from the Boston Public schools to better approach various situations. A few things that I suggest to improve are: the school start time, fresh lunch options, more counselors for post-secondary planning, and an earlier start time for advanced placement classes in order for students to feel prepared and confidently compete with others when applying to college.
My experience at The English High School have been a great experience. Going into a school that's so diverse and meeting people with different backgrounds, also meeting people who have the same backgrounds as you. The staff are very supporting and want to see their students achieve. I would recommended English High to anyone. English High accepts you for who you are in open arms and always want to see best out of you.