The Chicago Academy for the Arts is accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year. Incoming freshmen and transfer students are encouraged to apply. Designated a National School of Distinction by the John F. Kennedy Center, The Academy is the premier arts high school in the country. Students from Chicago and the surrounding suburbs engage in a unique, co-curricular program: rigorous, college-preparatory academic classes paired with professional-level arts training in Music, Dance, Film, Visual Art, Creative Writing, Theatre, or Musical Theatre. Visit our website to fill out an application!
Visual Arts Department Open House
Chicago Academy for the Arts 1010 West Chicago Avenue Chicago, IL 60642
View Event Description
The Chicago Academy for the Arts is pleased to invite interested families to The Academy for the Visual Arts Exhibition on Friday, November 8. An information session with Visual Arts Department Chair Margy Stover and Visual Arts students will begin at 4 p.m. and the department's exhibit will follow at 5 p.m. All families are welcome to register for this event, but space is limited. Therefore, registration for eligible applicants (current 8th, 9th and 10th grade students and their parents) will be prioritized. Feel free to call or email the Admissions Office with questions concerning event details.
The Chicago Academy for the Arts Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-17 Students
- A+16 Students
- A+13 Students
- A+12 Students
- B-10 Students
- A10 Students
- A+9 Students
- B+9 Students
- A+9 Students
- A+8 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
The Chicago Academy for the Arts Reviews
DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE STAFF. Every single teacher I've had has cared about each individuals students growth and success. It took me a whole year to write a decent paper and once I wrote one my English teacher pulled me aside after class and PERSONALLY expressed to me how impressed he was at how much I had grown from my last paper. Arts teachers are just as great, in media arts specifically we have personal mid & end of year reviews where our teachers come together and tell you where you need to improve & what you're doing right
Since coming here my art has GREATLY improved.