COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
We are here to answer all of your questions about The Academy's response and plans regarding COVID-19. Learn More
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
The Chicago Academy for the Arts is accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year. Incoming freshmen and transfer students are encouraged to apply. Designated a National School of Distinction by the John F. Kennedy Center, The Academy is the premier arts high school in the country. Students from Chicago and the surrounding suburbs engage in a unique, co-curricular program: rigorous, college-preparatory academic classes paired with professional-level arts training in Music, Dance, Film, Visual Art, Creative Writing, Theatre, or Musical Theatre. Visit our website to fill out an application!
The Chicago Academy for the Arts Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-24 Students
- A+22 Students
- A+21 Students
- A+18 Students
- C+15 Students
- A-14 Students
- B+13 Students
- A+12 Students
- B+12 Students
- A12 Students
The Academy Education Model and Method
We often say that there is nothing more important here than our community. Academy students and faculty alike are characterized by their passion, sense of purpose, and pursuit of excellence. It is a special privilege to be surrounded, every day, by peers and mentors who have made the decision to be a part of this place. In fact, our students are never at The Academy, they are The Academy.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
The Chicago Academy for the Arts Reviews
The culture of this school is beyond any other high school that I have experienced; students engage enthusiastically in time-honored traditions and support within tight, yet inclusive, friend groups is a CAA staple.
There are faults when it comes to the disproportional amount of funding and attention the dance department (and to a lesser extent the music department) receives. They are obviously preferred by the administration.