The Center School is a highly rated, public school located in Seattle, WA. It has 234 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
The Center School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+48 Students
- B+34 Students
- A-19 Students
- C+12 Students
- A11 Students
- A+10 Students
- A+9 Students
- A8 Students
- B+8 Students
- B-7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
The Center School Reviews
I love my school! Have truly found a home here and would not trade my experience for anything else. Our clubs are strong, active, diverse, and probably the best places to develop a strong group of friends and peers. Teachers care, are passionate about what they teach, and are people that I look up to/talk to/trust. Would say that like many places it is what you make of it and getting involved within the school is probably the best way to do that.
My experience thus far has been extremely positive, most teachers are supportive and understanding. They treat students like people. The school community is really strong and so is spirit among students. We support each other through success and failure here
I'll start with what I don't like about The Center School, and there is a fair amount. Being an extremely small school, the classes are quite limited. We don't have a band or sports program or a great number of elections. Though we have an extremely large population of LGBTQ+ and neurodiverse kids, we are severely lacking in racial diversity. Right now, our school is around 70% white. There is much that makes up for this though. The Center Schools fosters the most intimate community. Never before have I had teachers that I also consider some of my best freinds. Walking down the halls, I know everyone and do not hesitate before waving to everyone I pass. The Center School is what you make of it, and if you are willing to put in the work to get the most of the community and everything this school has to offer, the fours years you dedicate are sure to be ones you remember with pride.