COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
The Calverton COVID-19 Task Force includes parent physicians, a college dean, a public health expert, and our school administration. It has been and will continue to monitor the situation locally, statewide, nationally, and internationally. We will continue to follow the Center for Disease Control and Gov. Hogan's guidelines. Calverton offers a choice of a 50% hybrid model or distance learning. Learn More
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
The Calverton School is a Pre-K3 through 12th grade independent school located in Southern Maryland. We are proud of our welcoming family-feel and close-knit community. The Lower School provides a strong foundation and a love of learning which carries through to our Middle and Upper Schools. Our small class sizes in all grade levels creates an individualized education where students are able to connect with one another and the faculty. Our Middle and Upper Schools have a combination of day students living in Calvert, Prince George's, Anne Arundel, and Charles Counties. Five and seven day boarding students live in our One World Residential Village tucked back on our 152 acre campus. Having students from around the US and abroad provides a globally minded culture that is diverse and inclusive. Students from across the globe travel to our school for rigorous International Baccalaureate academics, the extensive arts program, and elite athletics. We welcome you to our Calverton Family!
The Calverton School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A25 Students
- A+14 Students
- A+10 Students
- A+9 Students
- A+8 Students
- A+8 Students
- A-8 Students
- A+7 Students
- A7 Students
- A6 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
The Calverton School Reviews
For example, the Boys Varsity Soccer team won the league title last Fall (and was undefeated in league play)-the team was a really tight group w/ players from the USA (Maryland and other states), Bermuda, Cayman Islands, and Hong Kong. The Coaches are from Bermuda and England. The parents formed a great bond. It was a magical season and showed the School is a really fine light.
Calverton is a School on the rise!