Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
The Brearley School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+22 Students
- A+20 Students
- A+19 Students
- A+19 Students
- A+17 Students
- A+16 Students
- A+15 Students
- A+14 Students
- A+13 Students
- A+12 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 38 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
The Brearley School Reviews
Brearley is a top notch, wonderful school! My 8-year-old daughter is thriving, happy and growing leaps and bounds every year. The Brearley community is warm, down to earth and diverse. The administration and the teachers will go above and beyond for your daughter and your family. While it has always been an academic powerhouse, it is also a school that encourages all of it's students to be creative and unique individuals, while learning to embrace Brearley's core values of "honesty, kindness, respect, responsibility and courage." We are lucky to be a part of the Brearley community.
My daughter began in Kindergarten and (still) loves it! She’s now in high school. It's a nurturing place for learning. The staff and faculty are incredibly supportive. They know each child. The curriculum is top-notch. There is a methodical approach to the curriculum that begins in the Lower School and continues in the Upper School. One example is in the writing program and how it evolved from Kindergarten, building on each girl’s capacity and capability, each year. Our daughter now produces papers for many courses that are well-written and well-argued! We feel that Brearley is our second home in the city. My daughter has life-long friends. Our family has also found families who will remain in our lives for a very long time.
Brearley has been an exceptional experience for my two daughters (one current, one alumna). The level of education, engagement, and community that Brearley builds is unparalleled. Academically, girls are challenged to love learning: from honing in on developing strong writing skills to participating in lively class discussions, Brearley pushes their perspectives and fosters individual growth. Both of my daughters love the Brearley community and have enjoyed extracurriculars from theater to Model UN, as well as many other clubs. Brearley girls find lifelong friendships and, after they graduate, a community to return to for their whole lives.