COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
The Bishop's School is tracking news and information about the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our region. We are currently in Phase 2 of our campus reopening plan, with limited numbers of students on campus each day for in person learning. Please check this page regularly for updates: Learn More
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
Drawing from over 65 zip codes, The Bishop’s School is a dynamic learning community on an 11-acre campus in La Jolla. San Diego’s only independent middle and high school affiliated with the Episcopal Church, Bishop’s is an intentionally pluralistic and inclusive community where students come from more than 70 schools representing diverse religious, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. Forty-eight percent of students self-identify as people of color; 20 percent receive more than $3.5 million in financial aid. We have 72 sports teams, 40 performing arts shows in dance, theater, choral and instrumental music and visual arts options from photography to animation and more. Classrooms are designed for interaction and conversation rather than lecture. The aim of a Bishop’s education: develop students who are kind, independent thinkers, of healthy mind and body; who seek social justice, are problem-solvers and risk takers. Come see how we learn. Come see how we live.
The Bishop's School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+122 Students
- A+105 Students
- A+100 Students
- A+89 Students
- A+69 Students
- A+68 Students
- A+67 Students
- A+66 Students
- A+61 Students
- A+55 Students
Creative Sciences - Cross-Curricular Collaboration
Bishop’s Center for the Creative Sciences serves as a think-tank for STEAM and interdisciplinary education. Large and small-scale 3D printers, a laser cutter and a CNC router are available in our maker space to help students create, make and innovate. Every department on campus uses the Center to design and create materials for classwork, classrooms, props for theater productions and more!
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses