From the border to Oceanside, The Bishop’s School is a thriving student and faculty population on an 11-acre campus in La Jolla. San Diego’s only independent middle and high school affiliated with the Episcopal Church, Bishop’s is an inclusive community where students come from more than 70 schools representing diverse religious, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. 48 percent of students self-identify as people of color; 20 percent receive more than $3 million in financial aid. We have 72 sports teams, 40 performing arts shows in dance, theater, choral and instrumental music and visual arts options from photography to animation and more. Classrooms are designed for interaction and conversation rather than lecture. The aim of a Bishop’s education: develop students who are kind, independent thinkers, of healthy mind and body; who are globally aware citizens, problem-solvers, and risk takers. Come see how we learn. Come see how we live. 2018 Open House Sat., Nov. 3, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
The Bishop's School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+100 Students
- A+76 Students
- A+74 Students
- A+70 Students
- A+61 Students
- A+53 Students
- A+51 Students
- A+47 Students
- A47 Students
- A+46 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review The Bishop's School
The Bishop's School Reviews
Bishop's is not for the non-academically minded student: courses are overwhelming if students do not work together, reach out for teacher aid, and stay on top of their work. However, even when studying for my toughest exams, I never regretted going to Bishop's. Bishop's is built for the student who wants to excel in school while also playing a sport, writing for the school magazine, and being a member of multiple other clubs.
As I end my freshman year of college, I am so appreciative of my Bishop's education: because of Bishop's, I feel confident in my ability to study and succeed.