The Albany Academies is a top rated, private school located in Albany, NY. It has 840 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. Tuition is $23,100 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
The Albany Academies Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+50 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+35 Students
- A-33 Students
- A+30 Students
- A+29 Students
- A29 Students
- A+27 Students
- A+26 Students
- B+23 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
The Albany Academies Reviews
I like the closeness of the school. The community, and as cliche as it sounds, the "sisterhood" between your classmates. While the community within the classroom is great, I feel as those there is almost a hierarchy. It's a small school. There are people who attend whose families have been attending for generations or those who have money to donate and also those who have connections. There is usually some level of distinction between those people and the ones who may just be regular or maybe even attending on a scholarship. That is one thing that I'd like to see change you know the inequality in certain situations but then again I guess that is just life.
The Albany Academies is a college prep school, so the college app process is very thorough. I feel completely prepared for college and I know that if I have any questions, I can go to any of my teachers or advisors. The sports are well recognized, so being a student who plays sports, I was happy, but I have heard from the art students that there is not enough representation and they were pretty unhappy with the arts experience, although there is a pretty good theatre program.
Best overall private school in the Albany area for boys and girls based on academics, athletics, school culture, college prep, clubs, student engagement and parent involvement. Although it’s not perfect, every school has areas for improvement. Most teachers are above and beyond outstanding but there are some exceptions. School had a family environment and looks after students’ best interests.