Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
The Academy of Information Technology & Engineering is a highly rated, public, magnet school located in Stamford, CT. It has 638 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
The Academy of Information Technology & Engineering Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A260 Students
- B109 Students
- B97 Students
- B-86 Students
- A+76 Students
- C71 Students
- B71 Students
- A-70 Students
- A+68 Students
- B63 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 75 responses
- March madness29%
- International night17%
- Spirit week16%
- Fashion Show12%
- Engineering Week4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Schools like The Academy of Information Technology & Engineering
- B+Westhill High School
- Stamford School District, CT
- 459 reviews
- ASleepy Hollow High School
- Union Free School District of the Tarrytowns, NY
- 208 reviews
- A-New Rochelle High School
- New Rochelle City School District, NY
- 550 reviews
- AWhite Plains Senior High School
- White Plains City School District, NY
- 385 reviews
The Academy of Information Technology & Engineering Reviews
There wasn’t another school I wanted to go and I was excited to come here, but this school is definitely not perfect. My biggest complaints are with administration and teachers. The administration here is laughable. They don’t do much and everyone knows it. I wish they cared more and were better at there jobs but it doesn’t seem like they’ll be changing anytime soon. Also, some of the teachers here are laughable as well. Some are creepy, have had multiple strikes on their file for various concerning reasons, don’t know how to teach, or just generally don’t like kids. Despite that, there are a couple of teachers who are really passionate about their job and make learning fun! All in all, I’m still glad I went here but there were things I would change.
I've had a great time at AITE. I've made so many friends at school and it is a very supportive and collaborative environment. Most teachers are always willing to help you or put in a good word on a recommendation, etc. However, there are some teachers few and far that I have had poor experiences with. Classes are challenging, but fun. The building is relatively new and modern. However, there are no sports teams, as you need to be bused to your district high school to play for their team. Perhaps most concerning about the school is the frequently malfunctioning technology at a "technology school." Otherwise, my experience at AITE has been awesome.
It’s a pretty good school. Classes are tough, but I think it will prepare us for college. Most teachers are good and are helpful. I don’t recommend the Spanish teachers, they aren’t good at all. We have no sports and no school spirit. If you’re educationally oriented, this is the school to go to. I’m all about my education so I don’t mind it. I wish we would have more fun activities though. The school is fairly diverse in race but I don’t think as much when it comes to financial status.