- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade B
The Academy at Penguin Hall (APH) is the only independent, college preparatory school for girls in grades 9-12 north of Boston. Our mission is to educate, enlighten and empower young women to live and to lead exemplary lives.
At APH, students engage with a rigorous curriculum and a supportive community that meets them where they are and emboldens them to excel in their academic and personal goals. Our academic approach focuses on student-centered and interdisciplinary learning that prepares our students to blaze their own paths in college and in life. In and out of the classroom, our young women are given the support and guidance they need to take more intellectual risks and discover how their thoughts, voices, and actions can and will impact the world.
We offer transportation to students from more than 40 communities in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. We invite you to visit us and experience what makes The Academy at Penguin Hall such a unique place to learn, grow, and thrive.
The Academy at Penguin Hall Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus11 Students
- grade A+10 Students
- grade B minus10 Students
- grade B+10 Students
- grade A9 Students
- grade B+8 Students
- grade B7 Students
- grade A+7 Students
- grade A+6 Students
- grade A+6 Students
Our Curriculum: What, So What, Now What?
Read about the Academy at Penguin Hall's student-centered approach to Curriculum, rooted in inquiry, collaboration, and critical thinking. Develop a deeper understanding of Penguin Hall's rigorous and interdisciplinary curriculum structure, how we measure the effectiveness of our curriculum, and the intentionality behind why APH chooses not to offer AP courses.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
- Freshmen get cubbies for the first month.20%
- Spirit Week20%
- Symposium week activities20%
- Drama fest!10%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 6 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 6 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade B minus
The Academy at Penguin Hall Reviews
We love the all girl education. When looking at the school, it wasn’t on our radar - having now experienced it, our daughter prefers it, saying it relieves so many social pressures.
Other things we love about APH are - hands on learning, ability to teach outside the classroom, community service projects, small class sizes, daily advisory with support from teachers and knowing they care about our daughter.
The girls have the ability to shine, be themselves, be heard and learn the importance of standing up for what you believe. They're taught they can do anything and they can make a difference in the world.
Bonus - Stunningly beautiful building and campus with great food in the Bistro!