The Academies at Jonesboro High School is an above average, public, charter school located in Jonesboro, AR. It has 1,140 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 18% of students are at least proficient in math and 36% in reading.
301 Hurricane Dr
Jonesboro, AR 72401
The Academies at Jonesboro High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B303 Students
- A184 Students
- B91 Students
- B-73 Students
- B-65 Students
- B43 Students
- B+39 Students
- B+35 Students
- B-34 Students
- B-33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like The Academies at Jonesboro High School
- BNettleton High School
- Nettleton School District, AR
- 102 reviews
- C+Westside High School
- Westside Consolidated School District, AR
- 60 reviews
- C+Trumann High School
- Trumann School District, AR
- 34 reviews
- BBrookland High School
- Brookland School District, AR
- 42 reviews
The Academies at Jonesboro High School Reviews
The teachers at the University of Arkansas are top-quality teachers. Their teaching styles are different from that I knew in high school. Even though they teach tougher classes, their knowledge of the material is above superb, and they lecture the material in a way that I can still understand, no matter how hard the topic. Their interest in is is definitely a lot more than I would have thought, they communicate to us their after-hours every day, for help on work, or even just to talk about the lastest Razorback game! Grading is always on time, which I can really appreciate, and their always honest in their grading.
The Academies at Jonesboro High School is a wonderful school overall. The music department is one of the most dedicated departments. I highly recommend taking choir if you want to learn how to read music, sight sing, solfege, etc. There are so many opportunities available through this department as well. We also have fabulous musicals, which is one of the most involved activities, but well worth it in the end. Some things that I would like to see changed for future students, is the lack of communication between students and faculty. There have been times when there would be an important event that no one would know about until the last minute. As I said, The Academies at Jonesboro High School is a wonderful education opportunity.
The experience you get from the school are pretty great, the diversity of the school is great that you can make so many friends. the teachers are well experienced that are good to connect with their student. The thing they should consider is worrying about the controlling of student treating them like some type of boarding school with tardy sweep because it'll only cause rebeling and distracting on education.