The Academies at Jonesboro High School is an above average, public, charter school located in Jonesboro, AR. It has 1,136 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
301 Hurricane Dr
Jonesboro, AR 72401
The Academies at Jonesboro High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B291 Students
- A172 Students
- B87 Students
- B-68 Students
- B-61 Students
- B34 Students
- B-33 Students
- B+33 Students
- B+30 Students
- B29 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like The Academies at Jonesboro High School
- A-Nettleton High School
- Nettleton School District, AR
- 100 reviews
- C+Westside High School
- Westside Consolidated School District, AR
- 60 reviews
- B-Trumann High School
- Trumann School District, AR
- 34 reviews
- B-Brookland High School
- Brookland School District, AR
- 41 reviews
The Academies at Jonesboro High School Reviews
The teachers at the University of Arkansas are top-quality teachers. Their teaching styles are different from that I knew in high school. Even though they teach tougher classes, their knowledge of the material is above superb, and they lecture the material in a way that I can still understand, no matter how hard the topic. Their interest in is is definitely a lot more than I would have thought, they communicate to us their after-hours every day, for help on work, or even just to talk about the lastest Razorback game! Grading is always on time, which I can really appreciate, and their always honest in their grading.
The Academies at Jonesboro High School is a wonderful school overall. The music department is one of the most dedicated departments. I highly recommend taking choir if you want to learn how to read music, sight sing, solfege, etc. There are so many opportunities available through this department as well. We also have fabulous musicals, which is one of the most involved activities, but well worth it in the end. Some things that I would like to see changed for future students, is the lack of communication between students and faculty. There have been times when there would be an important event that no one would know about until the last minute. As I said, The Academies at Jonesboro High School is a wonderful education opportunity.
I loved the change from regular school, to academies. The academies allowed me to really get a sense of what type of subject I wanted to focus. I do not see any changes needed for the school!