T.F. Riggs High School is a highly rated, public school located in Pierre, SD. It has 753 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
T.F. Riggs High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+115 Students
- B115 Students
- B-50 Students
- B-42 Students
- A+41 Students
- A-38 Students
- A-32 Students
- A-25 Students
- B-23 Students
- B20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
T.F. Riggs High School Reviews
Love our schools! Great teachers, facilities, and sports venues. We have a great mix of students also that provide many great attributes to the school.
I really enjoy being a student at T.F. Riggs High School. Being a student here is more than just learning. I always have social interactions with many different friends that I have made over the last four years. The teachers here are incredible. They are extremely smart and very easy to get along with. I am never afraid to go up to them and just ask for help, as they are always willing to provide it. The parents are also very involved in this school and help all of us students make sure we are successful and also have a fun time. They help us to set up our prom and parents senior parties, which are very fun activities that allow the students and parents to be social.
I liked the friends that I made and the musical performances I was able to be in. I had a few memorable teachers that put their hearts into their teaching. However, higher faculty liked to sweep problems under the rug. Bullying would be very likely ignored. A sexual assault cases would be "investigated," I'm sure, but nothing public would be said in addressing the case.