T.F. Riggs High School is an above average, public school located in Pierre, SD. It has 797 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
T.F. Riggs High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+105 Students
- B97 Students
- B-43 Students
- B33 Students
- A+30 Students
- A28 Students
- A-26 Students
- A22 Students
- B-18 Students
- B-18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 42 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
T.F. Riggs High School Reviews
TF Riggs High school is a great school! The teachers are very concerned about everyone's academics. We have a huge range of diversity. We also have teachers that have been teaching for over 20 years! There isn't a lot of clubs to join though. Sports is also very important to the school. The building is always kept clean! I like going to school everyday knowing that I'm kept safe! The teachers do a great job about caring about everyone. Also there is always friend group that you will fit in to! Overall, I'm proud to be a Governor!
My experience at Riggs so far has been good, but it could for sure be better. I love the teachers and the administrators at school. I also love their willingness to help, however, our school is possibly the worst when it comes to bullying. Our whole school is all about no bullying and making it a bully free zone. I see bullying all the time, but the worst part is that there is usually a teacher or adult watching that does nothing. There is one teacher in the whole school that I know of that has ever actually stood up for a student and done something about what she saw happening in her classroom. A lot of times I see teachers on their phones while someone is being bullied right in front of them. It feels like they don't care very much sometimes. Like they have better things in life to do than to defend you and make sure you are safe and okay.
I had a great experience at T.F.Riggs High School! Teachers have always been very supportive, Helpful, and very involved in students lives. I Appreciate all the hard work the staff puts in to make every child succeed, and making the children in their community become effective role models and model citizens.