Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Tewksbury Memorial High School is an above average, public school located in Tewksbury, MA. It has 916 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 80% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Tewksbury Memorial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A131 Students
- B+128 Students
- B+73 Students
- B-69 Students
- A+64 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+52 Students
- B52 Students
- B43 Students
- A+42 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Tewksbury Memorial High School
- B+Billerica Memorial High School
- Billerica Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 177 reviews
- B+Wilmington High School
- Wilmington Public Schools, MA
- 207 reviews
- A-Salem High School
- Salem School District, NH
- 214 reviews
- A-Danvers High School
- Danvers Public Schools, MA
- 85 reviews
Tewksbury Memorial High School Reviews
Both the tangible and intangible characteristics of TMHS make for a great school. Although the effort and capability of its teachers could use some improvement, the school makes up for this weakness with its numerous other strengths. Academics may be taken as CP, Honors, and for some of them, AP courses, leaving every student room for improvement. Athletes are passionate for both their sports and their school spirit, and those who do not play sports may participate in numerous clubs ranging from Best Buddies to robotics. Thus, the diversity of people is great enough as to where everyone can truly be their own person. TMHS has a full-time, armed policeman on campus, yet the school is large and someone can only be in one place at a time. Overall, the school consists of hard-working people who strive for solutions to issues, along with improvement rather than maintenance. The result of this attitude is a school with an exceptional balance between all important aspects of a high school.
Excellent high school! The teachers do a fantastic job preparing students for college. The courses are rigorous. The teachers have high expectations for their students and support them so they will succeed. The activities and sports programs are also terrific! Leadership skills and teamwork are important to all.
There are many pros at Tewksbury, like the Guidance Department and teachers. The Guidance Department has been very helpful with their open door policy. No matter the time, there is always space for you to talk. The English teachers here are insanely intelligent and push you to excel in reading and writing. I would not have been able to finish my college essay without their help. Another pro is the size of the school. It is not to big nor too small and it's the perfect size when about everyone somewhat knows everyone. The only downsides about the school are the Math teachers and the culture. Overall, the school could be more supportive of sports instead of lacking on fan sections. Also, the Math teachers do not really teach, and it is more like they are spitting knowledge but not applying it for you. It comes to a point where you must teach for yourself because even when you ask for help, it does not do you much justice.