Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Teutopolis High School is a highly rated, public school located in Teutopolis, IL. It has 334 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Teutopolis High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B56 Students
- B55 Students
- B42 Students
- A+37 Students
- B-30 Students
- B+24 Students
- B-21 Students
- A+15 Students
- A-14 Students
- A-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Teutopolis High School
- B+Altamont High School
- Altamont Community Unit School District No. 10, IL
- 65 reviews
- BEffingham High School
- Effingham Community Unit School District No. 40, IL
- 128 reviews
- C+Stewardson-Strasburg High School
- Stewardson-Strasburg Community Unit School District No. 5-A, IL
- 17 reviews
- BNeoga Senior High School
- Neoga Community Unit School District No. 3, IL
- 34 reviews
Teutopolis High School Reviews
My favorite thing about Teutopolis High School is the sports. At almost every sporting event is a big fan section of parents, relatives, and students. Also, the sports are normally successful which makes it so fun to play for Teutopolis. Another thing I love about Teutopolis High School is that it is a smaller school so everybody knows everybody and this allows the teachers to be close to the kids. One last thing I love about Teutopolis High School is that there is so much history in the school building. The building is very old but it is cool knowing my dad and grandpa sat in the same desks I am sitting in. There is nothing I would like to change about Teutopolis High School.
Teutopolis is a small town with not much diversity. Nearly everyone is white and catholic which makes it hard to be open about being different. There is racism, sexism, and homophobia that occurs in this community. Being someone with a different opinion than mostly everyone is difficult. However, being a small town, everyone knows everyone and is usually very kind and generous towards each other.
I enjoyed my experience very much and I am sad it got cut short. I got along with mostly everyone, and the teachers taught very well. I loved the library, hanging out with my friends, and going to all the sporting events. Playing pep band at the basketball games was especially fun. Overall, my experience was a good one.