Terryville High School is a public school located in Terryville, CT. It has 476 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Terryville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A59 Students
- B37 Students
- B+24 Students
- B-24 Students
- B23 Students
- B-20 Students
- B18 Students
- B-16 Students
- B-13 Students
- C+11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Terryville High School Reviews
Terryville High School is quite small, making it easy to connect with all of the faculty and other students. Terryville is very sport oriented so the students go above and beyond to express their school spirit. The Career Center offers excellent help to juniors and seniors regarding college decisions and academic guidance. This school is like it's own little community!
Terryville High School is composed of approximately 500 students from grades 9-12. The school offers six challenging AP courses, one ECE course, and nineteen honors courses, however, student's would benefit from a wider selection of these college-level classes. The most discerning characteristic of Terryville High School is the lack of school spirit and participation. Staff, as well as students, do not make the effort to organize events to encourage student bonding. Events that are held through the school, such as Homecoming, end up with terrible turnouts. Another issue with the school is the lack of cleanliness in the cafeteria after lunch. The stench and grotesque sight of leftover lunch lasting up to several hours before being cleaned. Despite, all of this, Terryville High School's AP courses have matured me into a student capable of excelling in college. I recommend taking these courses in order to prepare yourself for a college classroom environment
Much of the teaching methodology is flimsy, but otherwise has a good environment. There is a distinct lack of energy among students when it comes to the learning experience at Terryville High, one which only a few teachers have figured out how to remove.