Terrell High School is a public school located in Terrell, TX. It has 1,167 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 80% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Terrell High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+120 Students
- A+118 Students
- B+105 Students
- B+88 Students
- A-87 Students
- B85 Students
- A81 Students
- B+76 Students
- C73 Students
- B-68 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Terrell High School
- B-Kaufman High School
- Kaufman Independent School District, TX
- 83 reviews
- B+Horn High School
- Mesquite Independent School District, TX
- 426 reviews
- C+W.H. Ford High School
- Quinlan Independent School District, TX
- 77 reviews
- BRoyse City High School
- Royse City Independent School District, TX
- 238 reviews
Terrell High School Reviews
With a constant change in administrative officials, I found it very difficult to have a consistent 4 years at Terrell, in terms of ever-changing rules and faces. These administrative officials did not establish many relationships with students, as they were more concerned about overall social appearances to keep their job. With that being said, many of my teachers truly cared about each one of their students and created lasting relationships. I still can call upon any of my old high school teachers if I ever need any help in my college courses, and they are more than happy to answer.
This is my first year at Terrell High School as a Junior. It has been great so far, their pep rallies are amazing and I love the support the parents show. Terrell HS is very big on sports that we have a pep rally for every home game which is every 2 weeks. The academic part is also amazing because if you don't understand something they will make sure you stay for tutorials to get you the help you need. I also love how diverse it is, Terrell HS celebrates anything culture related. For example, Hispanic Heritage Month, their is Hispanic culture all over the school and teachers actually take time out of their lesson to talk about this culture. So I HIGHLY recommend coming to Terrell High School if you are interested in not being judged and being who you want to be to make this world a better place.
Terrell High School is a school like no other. Incomparable to others and dissimilar to all. There is a special teacher student bond that is felt and experienced emanating through the halls. Teachers here do their best to ensure the education and future of their students. There is a unique home like vibe that anyone can feel as soon as they walk through the double doors, a sense of belonging. Terrell High School has its own history. Some notable alumni include celebrities such as Jamie Foxx and Brice McCain. Terrell High School is located in a small town from Texas, but the big dreams of the students make up for the size of the city. It is not only home to me but to many students as well, trying their best to become who they want to be and doing exactly what it is they dream of accomplishing their dreams.