Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Tennessee High School is an above average, public school located in Bristol, TN. It has 1,145 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
Tennessee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B228 Students
- A-176 Students
- B-81 Students
- B61 Students
- B-51 Students
- B48 Students
- B48 Students
- A+48 Students
- B47 Students
- B-39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Tennessee High School
- A-Tennessee Online Public School
- Online School
- Bristol City School District, TN
- 16 reviews
- B-Virginia High School
- Bristol City Public Schools, VA
- 116 reviews
- BSullivan Central High School
- Sullivan County School District, TN
- 136 reviews
- BJohn S. Battle High School
- Washington County Public Schools, VA
- 58 reviews
Tennessee High School Reviews
I moved across the country two separate times while I was in high school meaning that I attended three of them; each in different states. of all the high schools I went to THS was the furthest behind in education had the worst teachers that I had dealt with, either personality wise or just in being responsible teachers. When it comes down to it there were a few teachers in the whole school that were more than amazing but there were just so many teachers that were worse than average that it kind of put things on the down side. I was thrilled when I finally got to graduate knowing that I won't have to go back to the school; that's saying something for someone who's an education major and enjoys learning and going to school. I actually liked my to previous high schools too! I hope something can be done in the way the school is ran but anything and everything I've heard about new policies and everything being put into place since I've left the school and graduated it has only gone worse.
Tennessee High is a good school; however, sports are more important than academics. There was one time, that someone I know who was failing almost all her classes was allowed to run track, just because she was good. I know she was failing because I was tutoring her in freshman English, when we were both Sophomores. Our CTE department is amazing. We are getting new programs every year and new equipment. I like be that department.
As a kid I never really enjoyed school. I always tried to opt out, or pretend to be sick, etc,. When I first started school at Tennessee High I was a tennis and volleyball player. Although I was social with the "jock" group, I was also included in some other clicks. The other clicks i was involved in was choir, art, the motorcycle club. Overall my high school experience was great. All of the teachers were caring and the students were friendly. Part of why my high school experience was so great is because everyone was encouraging, supportive, and inclusive.