Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Tenaha Schools is an above average, public school located in Tenaha, TX. It has 542 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Tenaha Schools Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-18 Students
- B-16 Students
- C10 Students
- A-7 Students
- B+6 Students
- B6 Students
- A-5 Students
- A+5 Students
- B-4 Students
- A-4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Tenaha Schools
- B+Timpson Schools
- Timpson Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
- 21 reviews
- B+Carthage High School
- Carthage Independent School District, TX
- 72 reviews
- B-Logansport High School
- DeSoto Parish Public Schools, LA
- PK, K-12
- 39 reviews
- BJoaquin High School
- Joaquin Independent School District, TX
- 4 reviews
Tenaha Schools Reviews
I’ve been in Tenaha my entire life and I enjoy everyone I’ve met there throughout elementary, junior high and high school. I like how it’s a small school because if you need help with something there’s always a teacher available. In a small school everyone knows everyone and I think that’s cool. Something I would change would be the food and there dress code.
Tenaha is a great school to be a student at. The athletics are competitive every year with football and basketball programs appearing at regional tournaments consecutively. Our band program is very strong and competes on the regional and state levels as well. The staff is wonderful and go out of their way to connect with and build relationships with their students. Academically, Tenaha offers UIL, robotics, which competes and places each year at the regional and state level, paid dual credit classes, and many other academic activities. The staff at Tenaha are wonderful and very professional. Our teachers go beyond the classroom; they build relationships with students and make it a point to attend and support events in which students participate. What I love most is that students and staff all work together to make the school a perfect place to be.
I love my school! It's a great school for me. Since I came here without knowing any English at all, I have learned a lot in here. The teachers, they are great teachers for me. They have always been there for me when I have been going through something. Even though I don't deserve their love, they have always showed me that they love their students and that they care for. Now I am going to be a Senior next year; I am not ready to leave yet. School is like my second home for me. That's why when I go to college I would like to study to be a teacher and then come back to Tenaha Schools and work there.