Templeton High School is a highly rated, public school located in Templeton, CA. It has 744 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Templeton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B67 Students
- A62 Students
- A+60 Students
- A+58 Students
- A-54 Students
- A+49 Students
- A48 Students
- A-41 Students
- A39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Templeton High School
- BTempleton Independent Study High School
- Templeton Unified School District, CA
- 2 reviews
- A-Morro Bay High School
- San Luis Coastal Unified School District, CA
- 115 reviews
- A-Atascadero High School
- Atascadero Unified School District, CA
- 121 reviews
- A-Paso Robles High School
- Paso Robles Joint Unified School District, CA
- 155 reviews
Templeton High School Reviews
I loved going to high school here! It’s a small town with a small high school. I loved how everyone could be everything at this school but because that’s true it makes it hard to have tons of AP and honors courses as well as many sports teams. Loved my teachers all very good, but I do have friends who had very poor math teachers. I feel this is one department that the school is lacking in. FFA program is awesome! The Athletic Director and Trainer make for a great small school athletics program. All throughout when I was here and since the school has been improving facilities and constantly adding new clubs. Overall I love THS!
I had a very good experience at Templeton High School. The teachers and their courses are great, but the organization is poor. Funding is constantly low, so many valuable programs and activities lack enough money to get students involved and interested. Their is not a good flow of information or assistance and students often don't know what they need to do or how to do it, especially when it comes to college applications, scheduling of classes, and scholarships. The STEM program at the school is great, but little attention is given to the arts and is focused on sports such as football and volleyball. It's a small, tight-knit student body with little diversity.
I've really enjoyed the past four years at Templeton. Although the school is very small, I made some amazing friends and participated in many activities. The sports programs are great, the staff is unbeatable, and I found that I always had support. I've enjoyed my senior year the most, especially due to my involvement in the ASB/Leadership class. I met many great students through this class and I had the opportunity to make a difference in the school. I'm also very glad that I became involved in athletics through varsity tennis. I grew very close to my teammates and my coach through this experience. I've enjoyed the majority of my classes as well as my teachers. Most of them taught me valuable information that goes beyond classroom knowledge. Overall, I'm very grateful for my high school career at Templeton.