Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Temple High School is an above average, public school located in Temple, TX. It has 2,197 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 29% in reading.
Temple High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+337 Students
- A+252 Students
- C+248 Students
- B+228 Students
- A177 Students
- B-127 Students
- B+125 Students
- A-124 Students
- A-119 Students
- A+92 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 119 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Schools like Temple High School
- C+Fred W. Edwards Academy
- Temple Independent School District, TX
- A-Belton High School
- Belton Independent School District, TX
- 348 reviews
- B-Moody High School
- Moody Independent School District, TX
- 29 reviews
- BBruceville-Eddy High School
- Bruceville-Eddy Independent School District, TX
- 24 reviews
Temple High School Reviews
There is not a whole lot to like about Temple High School, it is overall a pretty bad school, with a lot of the students involved in illegal activities, and so are the teachers! There are so many kids that are involved in drugs or gangs, and then there are teachers who are having inappropriate relationships with kids. The only few positive aspects about the school is that there are Career and Technical Education classes that actually prepare students for the real world, such as welding, automotive, pharmacy, veterinary techs and other careers.
Temple's diverse student body combined with its International Baccalaureate (IB) program makes it a unique and valuable experience. The top tier of academic students emerge with a compassionate and thorough understanding of current events and history, undisturbed by the conservative bias of the Texas legislature and education system. The students do tend to attend either A&M or UT afterwards, because the school does not have strong post-secondary advising. In terms of school spirit and tradition, you could not find a better football game to attend on Friday nights, and the other sports, while less attended, will be fun and thoroughly supported financially.
Temple High school is filled with so much diversity and academic opportunities. As a student of the advance academic program and Duo-credit I can say that Temple High school provides many opportunities that can prepare a student for life after high school, be it college or a job. Temple High school provides a CTE program, Career Technical and Education, where there are classes on can take that is specific to field of work one wants to make as a career in the future, such as, cosmetology, culinary, health science, mechanics, and one can graduate with skills sets ready to enter their career. I am also a participating member of the Wildcat Band we are known for diversity.