Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade A+
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade A+
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade C+
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Temple City High School is a top rated, public school located in Temple City, CA. It has 1,949 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Temple City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+618 Students
- grade A536 Students
- grade A496 Students
- grade A+437 Students
- grade A+392 Students
- grade A311 Students
- grade A+309 Students
- grade A minus211 Students
- grade B+207 Students
- grade A minus207 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade D+
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade C minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 50 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 50 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 104 responses
- Fun Food Friday19%
- Spirit rallies17%
- School dances15%
- School Musicals13%
- Renaissance Assembly11%
- Career Day9%
- Games (just not football games)7%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 52 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 70 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 70 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 70 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$14,621 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 72 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 72 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 72 responses
Schools like Temple City High School
- grade A+Sunny Hills High School
- Fullerton Joint Union High School District, CA
- Rating 3.84 out of 5 571 reviews
- grade A+Walnut High School
- Walnut Valley Unified School District, CA
- Rating 3.8 out of 5 607 reviews
- grade AMark Keppel High School
- Alhambra Unified School District, CA
- Rating 3.61 out of 5 664 reviews
- grade A+South Pasadena Senior High School
- South Pasadena Unified School District, CA
- Rating 3.67 out of 5 435 reviews
Temple City High School Reviews
Rating 3.77 out of 5 443 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I really enjoyed my experience at TCHS! I was involved in a variety of school extracurricular activities, and there were many more I could choose from. The teachers and staff (for the most part) cared about furthering our education and helping us succeed in any way they could! Overall, great experience and amazing 4 years spent at this school.
I personally really love the experience I had at Temple City High School! The experience of both extracurricular as well as academics at this school really defined my experience of learning and even shaping myself into the person I became today. With the various activities and classes that they offer and very intimate school culture and administration, I felt very close and even intimate with the people at my school and really advocate for such a great experience. With the teachers that are willing to help and support you as well as the counselors and career administrators pushing you to do your best in school I always felt a need to push and drive myself to do the very best I can. However, there are things that this school does lack. Such as diversity, with a campus that is heavily populated Asian it can be lacking in diversity for the student as well as the food and sports my school may not be known the best at but we still try to improve!
Temple City High School is a competitive school that prepares students to continue their education and passions in college/university. The school offers a many AP and honor classes that give students the tools to excel wherever they may end up after high school. There are plenty of resources available, but students have to be willing to ask for help. The school is equipped with new technology and phenomenal staff to the help students thrive. TCHS has many extracurricular activities which include: sports, clubs, performances, and playing an instrument that students are encouraged to join. The Brighter Side Singers and the Temple City Marching Band ("The Pride and Joy of Temple City") are just some of the amazing extracurricular activities offered by the school. Overall, Temple City High School was a pleasant experience for myself and I enjoyed my time spent there.