Temple City High School is a top rated, public school located in Temple City, CA. It has 1,977 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 61% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Temple City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+542 Students
- A467 Students
- A441 Students
- A+397 Students
- A+351 Students
- A286 Students
- A+280 Students
- B+195 Students
- A-192 Students
- B190 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.47 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.47 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 97 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.67 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.69 responses
Schools like Temple City High School
- A+Sunny Hills High School
- Fullerton Joint Union High School District, CA
- 535 reviews
- A+Walnut High School
- Walnut Valley Unified School District, CA
- 582 reviews
- A+Mark Keppel High School
- Alhambra Unified School District, CA
- 635 reviews
- A+South Pasadena Senior High School
- South Pasadena Unified School District, CA
- 426 reviews
Temple City High School Reviews
I personally really love the experience I had at Temple City High School! The experience of both extracurricular as well as academics at this school really defined my experience of learning and even shaping myself into the person I became today. With the various activities and classes that they offer and very intimate school culture and administration, I felt very close and even intimate with the people at my school and really advocate for such a great experience. With the teachers that are willing to help and support you as well as the counselors and career administrators pushing you to do your best in school I always felt a need to push and drive myself to do the very best I can. However, there are things that this school does lack. Such as diversity, with a campus that is heavily populated Asian it can be lacking in diversity for the student as well as the food and sports my school may not be known the best at but we still try to improve!
Temple City High School is an academic-oriented high school that are filled with academic-focused students. There are various AP courses for students to enroll in; however, most of them are only limited to juniors and seniors. The APs that are open to sophomores, or in special cases to Freshmen, are AP World History and AP Art History. The school is super safe and friendly. Sports needs some improvement, but coming from an athlete that graduated from there, students always gave it all in practices. I enjoy my time at the school, and wouldn't do anything differently. GO RAMS!
Temple City High School is a decent school with many rewarding opportunities such as great friendships and fun CTE programs. The school is clean and well organized but there can be room for improvement in the Associated Student Body Organization. They have a huge variety of exciting clubs where many have competitions and help with community service hours. In addition, TCHS has many CTE programs that helps students prepare them for their future. Having different classes to choose from gives students a better look at their post high school plans. Overall, no matter what year you went to the high school, you will always be part of the Temple City Rams.