Telstar High School is a public school located in Bethel, ME. It has 192 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Telstar High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+23 Students
- C+18 Students
- B15 Students
- B-11 Students
- B-8 Students
- B8 Students
- A+7 Students
- B-6 Students
- A-6 Students
- A+4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Telstar High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Telstar High School Reviews
Telstar High School isn't great. In fact, it's pretty bad. Not very many people care about their education. The teachers try their hardest though. And it's relatively easy to succeed.
Telstar is a small school, based in a small community. As a whole, and at first glance, this school is limited in resources and in opportunity. However, upon a closer look, if a student applies themself, they can be successful. This is because of the fact that there are so many opportunities outside of the classroom, great athletics, and teachers who genuinely want to see their students succeed. It's often hard to see opportunities, but through networking, and being open to trying anything, so much can be achieved. Where Telstar lacks in various areas, it makes up for it through the teachers, the athletics, and the clubs that take place at the school.
If you are willing to push for your classes, it can be a great school. However, students who are not self-motivated will find themselves falling behind. Some of the teachers are excellent while others are average. Your experience will also depend on your peers because many will be disruptive and rude in the classroom.