Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Tellico Plains High School is an above average, public school located in Tellico Plains, TN. It has 472 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Tellico Plains High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-64 Students
- B-52 Students
- B38 Students
- B32 Students
- B24 Students
- B-23 Students
- B21 Students
- C+21 Students
- A+18 Students
- C+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Tellico Plains High School Reviews
I loved going here, but after going to college and seeing into the lives of others high schoolers, I can say that Tellico doesn’t offer as much as I would have liked. No AP courses, barebones clubs, and a lack of interest in participation from the students are the main issues. I loved my experience here and wouldn’t take anything different, but there are better schools. The teachers, especially in Science and Math, are amazing (with a few terrible exceptions). All around fine school if you are white and Southern. If otherwise, prepare for others to politely vilify you.
School is small, class size average. Tearchers love their students. Athletic program is way to important, but I understand as the community is very active and live for East TN football. I am college ready!
The teachers are amazing. They really care about you and want to help you succeed. The guidance counselors always play favorites, so it’s hard to get their help on things. They gave the class of 2020 guidance books so that no one would bother them with guidance questions. Poor health quality. The nutrition and Spanish classrooms have rats.