Tekamah-Herman High School is a public school located in Tekamah, NE. It has 240 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Tekamah-Herman High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-23 Students
- B20 Students
- C+18 Students
- C+17 Students
- B+15 Students
- B-11 Students
- B-11 Students
- B+11 Students
- A-9 Students
- B9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Tekamah-Herman High School
- BLogan View Junior/Senior High School
- Logan View Public Schools, NE
- 18 reviews
- B+Blair High School
- Blair Community Schools, NE
- 135 reviews
- A-Oakland Craig Senior High School
- Oakland Craig Public Schools, NE
- 7 reviews
- BNortheast Secondary School
- Lyons-Decatur Northeast Public Schools, NE
Tekamah-Herman High School Reviews
I have gone to Tekamah Herman High School since Kindergarten and I am now a senior in high school. Tekamah is a great school and will always stay that way in my opinion. Just like any other school there are always going to be issues with the students but that is something that is very rarely going to be resolved. Other than any other basic high school problems that every single high school has there are very rare things that can actually be fixed from the administration. Thanks to Tekamah I have been given a lot of opportunities that I probably would not have gotten from others.
Some very welcoming people, but quite a few are very "yeehaw" kinds of people. They don't care about your size, which is good for someone who came from a very judging school beforehand. The teachers are wonderful. they care and are well educated themselves.
Tekamah-Herman is a very small school. Everyone knows everyone and that can be great, but it can also be very hindering. Also, while there are quite a few extracurriculars, so many students stretch themselves too thin trying to contribute to all of the groups, something that we can't really help, because without those people some groups wouldn't even exist because their are not enough kids to just do one or two groups each and some kids don't do anything. Because of this, not every kid gives their all to their groups because they're focused on about 10 other clubs as well as academics at the same time.