Tecumseh High School is an above average, public school located in Tecumseh, MI. It has 861 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Tecumseh High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A110 Students
- A+92 Students
- B-90 Students
- B+72 Students
- B+72 Students
- B67 Students
- B59 Students
- B-51 Students
- B44 Students
- C-40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Tecumseh High School Reviews
I loved my high school experience. I made lots of friends, played many sports, and was involved in almost every club or extra curricular. There is a wide variety of clubs and sports that anyone can be a part of. The schedule allows students to have free time with their friends as well as get help from teachers if they need it.
The AP classes that Tecumseh offers are truly effective and academically challenging and I really appreciated that. I also really have enjoyed participating in Art Club and National Honors Society. Both involve community service which I think is very important for adolescent development. Additionally, I participate in Dual-Enrollment through Kendall School of Art and Design and Tecumseh. While I do think that Tecumseh is a bit too sports-oriented for it's own good, it does has a very good athletic program. Unfortunately, I play Women's Lacrosse and that happens to be the most dismissed sport at Tecumseh. We loose almost ever game and have very little parent or administration involvement. I still enjoy playing, but that's one of my frustrations in attending THS. I do very much support our Physical Education courses though.
There are some up and downs. It has really good teachers. They work you hard so that you are ready for college in time. If you prioritize your things right you shouldn't have a problem. They have a very wide range of subjects and classes that you can choose from. There are lots of clubs to choose from and if you apply you can make your own.