Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
TechBoston Academy is a public, magnet school located in Dorchester, MA. It has 917 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 19% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
TechBoston Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B122 Students
- A87 Students
- A+86 Students
- A+62 Students
- A+58 Students
- B53 Students
- B-53 Students
- A+52 Students
- B+46 Students
- B39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
TechBoston Academy Reviews
Overall, TechBoston Academy was a great experience. I had met a plethora of amazing teachers and friends while there. Although the experience in its entirety was amazing, I felt as if there still remained a sense of isolation within the school and a somewhat lack in enthusiasm. This flaw, however, applies to a LOT of schools, and not just this one. Over all, I would recommend this school to a lot of students, especially for the teachers who will be teaching you!
What I love about TechBoston Academy is the dedicated teachers, who are passionate about their jobs and make it their mission to try and provide every child with a quality education. However, during my stay at TechBoston Academy, I’ve realized that I wasn’t being challenged to the best of my abilities, due to a lack of resources, AP courses, and the fact that I am being taught at a few levels below my grade level. In Order to better prepare myself for college, I have to seek for outside resources such as college prep programs and dual enrollment courses, which wouldn’t be necessary if I was receiving that type of help at school. Overall TechBoston Academy could improve on its college readiness by providing students with more AP courses and teaching them at the level in which they deserve to be taught.
TechBoston Academy is a good school with staff that wants to see their students succeed, however, the school lacks opportunities for those students. I personally believe that the school should have more clubs for extracurricular activities rather than mainly focusing on sports.