Tech Valley High School is an above average, public, alternative school located in Albany, NY. It has 103 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 48 to 1.
Tech Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+10 Students
- A-8 Students
- A-8 Students
- A-7 Students
- A+7 Students
- C+7 Students
- B+7 Students
- A-6 Students
- A+6 Students
- A+6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Tech Valley High School Reviews
Tech Valley High School is a new, and challenging place to learn. The teaching strategies are very different from traditional schools, enhancing students' collaboration, communication skills, and prepares each student for working in a professional workplace. Student-teacher relationships are very close and personal, creating a safe and comfortable environment. Students at Tech Valley have many more opportunities than students at traditional high schools. They are required to participate in a school-wide project called I-term. I-term is designed to help students decide where they want to orientate their future adult lives. Underclassmen choose a field of work they are interested in and do research and interview people in that field. Field trips to different workplaces and posters based on their research are required. Upperclassmen have a two-week break from school in which they attend internships at different workplaces. Overall, Tech Valley High school is a stupendous high school.
Attending Tech Valley was the best decision I ever made. The school is very small which allows you to not only get to know all of your classmates and the students in the other grades. Additionally, all the teachers know everyone and really care about how you are doing and want to see you succeed. The project based learning curriculum makes students more then ready for college. By the time you start college you will have learned how to be self-directed and plan out your busy college schedule and be responsible. These skills are not just helpful for college but for life.
Tech Valley High School is based on project based learning, which is really good and helpful for students like me who are hands on learners. Our projects would often relate our topics learned to the real world so we could directly see how to implement our knowledge. We would also take many field trips out into the community to see how our work is affecting others. Our projects are often not completely boring like most school projects. For example we got our DNA tested and mapped the routes of our Ancestors for global, presented 3D lego periodic tables to 6th graders for chemistry and got to design a badge for a local firehouse for art! On the downside Tech Valley has a lot more homework compared to other high schools. Also Tech Valley does not have sports teams so it is hard to play high school sports unless it is a community team.