Teays Valley High School is a public school located in Ashville, OH. It has 1,145 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 56% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Teays Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+188 Students
- A-127 Students
- A79 Students
- A-71 Students
- B-66 Students
- B54 Students
- B-47 Students
- B44 Students
- B+44 Students
- B-38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Teays Valley High School
- BBloom-Carroll High School
- Bloom-Carroll Local School District, OH
- 97 reviews
- BGrove City High School
- South-Western City School District, OH
- 332 reviews
- B+Canal Winchester High School
- Canal Winchester Local School District, OH
- 221 reviews
- B+Hamilton Township High School
- Hamilton Local School District, OH
- 115 reviews
Teays Valley High School Reviews
I love Teays Valley so much. I have had amazing teachers all four teachers and love all of them. I love the friends that I have made here and I am very sad to leave high school. I enjoy my time at Teays Valley, the academics are amazing, we offer many classes for different personalities and different hobbies!
My experience at Teays Valley Local Schools, is an overall great one. I started attending Walnut Elementary School in kindergarten and have stayed in the district since then. Although attending Reynoldsburg High School for a year it was through Teays Valley that I got to get that experience. Teays valley has been accommodating, helpful, and supportive of all of their students including me. While struggling with a panic attack, the staff were understanding and let me leave class if it was too much. I have gotten better through the years and I think that it has something to do with the help I received from my school.
I enjoyed the people and teachers their. Overall they have very bad communications to the students inside of the school. If there is a problem students can no longer contact their parents because of the lack of wifi and reception in the building. The food they serve students is quite bad and they do not seem to care about what the kids think or want. There is not much diversity because it is a school that is located in the country surrounded by farms. The guidance office does not help kids when they have serious problems, they just bring up the students grades.