Teaneck Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Teaneck, NJ. It has 1,238 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Teaneck Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B296 Students
- A280 Students
- B-174 Students
- A+171 Students
- B159 Students
- C+149 Students
- A-148 Students
- B143 Students
- A-140 Students
- A-139 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Teaneck Senior High School
- B+Hackensack High School
- Hackensack School District, NJ
- 345 reviews
- B+Henry P. Becton Regional High School
- Public School
- E Rutherford, NJ
- 108 reviews
- B+Ridgefield Park Junior/Senior High School
- Ridgefield Park School District, NJ
- 130 reviews
- BAlexander Hamilton High School
- Elmsford Union Free School District, NY
- 52 reviews
Teaneck Senior High School Reviews
Teaneck High School is a place in which students can feel comfortable and supported throughout their time in high school. There is an abundance of resources and teachers/faculty truly care about the wellness, education, and the future of their students. Teaneck High School provides a high school experience that’s not found anywhere else. Students leave THS knowing that they have been provided some of the best overall knowledge and preparation for life after high school. There is an abundance of diversity whether it be based on race, religion, gender, language, sexual orientation, and more, that students can feel supported and represented in school. Teaneck High School is a big family that provides a great education and properly prepares students for college and life after high school.
My overall experience at Teaneck High School was a 10 out of 10. I really enjoyed my 4 years in this school. The diversity is truly amazing. There’s so many people from different backgrounds in one school. Not only is the diversity amazing but the administration and faculty are truly inspiring! There is a lot of support in helping students. However one thing that could be improved is the food, equipment, and even class selection!
I loved going to Teaneck High School, like every other school it had it's short comings with a unorganized staff and the challenge of getting help some times however the community and teachers a big selling point. Regardless of what race or interests you have there is a place for everyone at teaneck high, while at the same time getting a great education which will set you up for further education or whatever you want to do. Best years of my life so far and I can not imagine having went anywhere else