Teaneck Senior High School is an above average, public school located in TEANECK, NJ. It has 1,238 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 21% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
Teaneck Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+258 Students
- A242 Students
- B-148 Students
- A+146 Students
- C+132 Students
- B131 Students
- B127 Students
- A-121 Students
- A121 Students
- A-119 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like Teaneck Senior High School
- B+Hackensack High School
- Hackensack School District, NJ
- 329 reviews
- B+Henry P. Becton Regional High School
- Public School
- E Rutherford, NJ
- 104 reviews
- B+Ridgefield Park Junior/Senior High School
- Ridgefield Park School District, NJ
- 126 reviews
- B-Alexander Hamilton High School
- Elmsford Union Free School District, NY
- 48 reviews
Teaneck Senior High School Reviews
My overall experience at Teaneck High School was a 10 out of 10. I really enjoyed my 4 years in this school. The diversity is truly amazing. There’s so many people from different backgrounds in one school. Not only is the diversity amazing but the administration and faculty are truly inspiring! There is a lot of support in helping students. However one thing that could be improved is the food, equipment, and even class selection!
Teaneck High School is located in Teaneck, the most diverse, safe and peaceful town I have ever lived in. Teaneck's diversity works it's way into the high school. The school offers a variety of core and elective classes that range in difficulty from college prep to advanced placement. The culmination of these classes prepare students for higher education. Teaneck High School also offers all of its students so many kinds of clubs, sports and activities that is hard not to get involved in some way. Students form connections with their teachers and peers that will help them grow into the best versions of themselves. Teaneck High School truly prepares young minds who are able and/or willing to learn for the future.
This school used to have a good reputation,so I've heard.Now that my child has been at the school,different story.Like any school budget cuts don't leave room for many extras like school dances, Big Football field for sports and not much else. The administration can only do so much but they fall into the trend of the system too.Only a small portion of the community gets involved and it's pretty much the same people year after year.