Tea Area High School is a public school located in Tea, SD. It has 449 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+62 Students
- B56 Students
- A-31 Students
- A+24 Students
- B23 Students
- A22 Students
- B19 Students
- B16 Students
- B14 Students
- B-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Tea Area High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Tea Area High School Reviews
It's a great high school! It has about 100 students per grade and is great for parents who want their students in smaller classes where everyone knows everyone else. The only problem with this, is that drama is extremely present. Rumors and bullying are prevalent, but not bad if you stay out of the limelight. The teachers are mostly great, very helpful to the students and great resources for out of class help. If you can go to a teacher crying and they console you, you're in a good school. While the teachers are nice and most are lenient and laid back, the grading scale is rough. Anything lower than a 95.5% means you'll no longer get the 4.0 you need to raise your GPA back up.
I liked how Tea Area High School taught me important lessons that I am now using after graduation, I felt like they did prepare me well for our futures. For a change, I would like to see the music/art department to get more funding. It was disappointing how biased the activity director is and how clear he wanted sports, particularly football and men's basketball, to succeed through the resources given to those sports.
I've attended Tea Area School District since kindergarten. I've build friendships with a lot of my classmates, but as time went on we all eventually drifted apart. I met my best friend here and have created my whole high school career at this school. Though I wasn't involved in sports, this school will always be a part of my past and I wouldn't want it any other way! Great teachers, good administration, and very focused on sports and activities.