Taylorville Senior High School is a public school located in Taylorville, IL. It has 761 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B61 Students
- B+59 Students
- B46 Students
- B40 Students
- B39 Students
- A+32 Students
- B-29 Students
- B+25 Students
- A-21 Students
- A-21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Taylorville Senior High School
- BPana Senior High School
- Pana Community Unit School District No. 8, IL
- 28 reviews
- B-Morrisonville High School
- Morrisonville Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- 16 reviews
- B+Central A&M High School
- Central A&M Community Unit School District No. 21, IL
- 41 reviews
- CSouth Fork Junior/Senior High School
- South Fork School District No. 14, IL
- 4 reviews
Taylorville Senior High School Reviews
The Taylorville Sr. High School's students were very involved in their high school. There were many clubs and activities that the students put on themselves to increase school spirit. Recently, the high school put in a STEM lab that helped the science and math students learn with better tools. The school also put in a new track and turf football field. I would like to see better computer labs in the school to help the students write their English papers. I would also like to see the school pay more attention to the art and music programs instead of the athletics.
There is a lot of stuff that goes unnoticed at Taylorville including excessive bullying and other issues including rape. There aren't a lot of resources for topics that make the average person uncomfortable. There is absolutely no sex ed as of now, but they are introducing an abstinence course for freshmen, which is not going to help anything because teenagers will be teenagers. Teachers are friendly, but accelerated classes are super easy, and nothing is challenging.
The extracurricular opportunities are vast. The school offers music, art, many sports for both genders, student council, key club, and our most fun option - Purple Reign (student spirit club). Purple Reign has approximately 450 members and their primary focus is to cheer on the athletic teams. They come to the games sporting their uniquely designed tshirts or sometimes in whatever themed attire they have decided on for that specific night. They perform chants in unison and become very loud! This gets the players fired up and the games are full of energy! The administration does support and encourage these clubs and organizations and is usually at most of the events.