Taylorsville High School is an above average, public school located in Taylorsville, UT. It has 1,743 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 36% in reading.
Taylorsville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A494 Students
- B+321 Students
- C+294 Students
- B-263 Students
- B194 Students
- C+184 Students
- C+158 Students
- B+130 Students
- A+123 Students
- C+122 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 97 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Taylorsville High School Reviews
I feel like I had a pretty average high school experience as far as academics go. Most of my teachers were okay, I never had any major conflicts with them. I did have a few teachers that I loved dearly and am still in contact with today. I had some disturbing things happen to me with a guy that had Asperger syndrome, the administration handled things very well. As far as diversity goes in the school, there is some diversity but it's not the most diverse school you'll find in the state of Utah. If you are looking for a school with a good athletic program, Taylorsville is not the best place to go. The gym teachers are hilarious, but the athletic teams don't perform very well. However the cheer and baseball teams are pretty good. The choral arts program at Taylorsville is amazing, Leah Tarrant is the director. She it like a mother to me, everyone calls her momma T. Not only is the director great, but the choirs compete and win!
Before I transferred to Taylorsville High, I wasn't on the path of success towards graduation. I was slacking in everything that has to do with school and I was failing at trying to get back on my feet. Once I got registered into Tville, everything changed for me. It definitely took a while, because I was still stuck in my old ways, but after a couple of my friends got expelled from the school, I realized that something needs to change. I continued to do what I was doing, which was setting me back, but I found ways to make everything work. I started communicating more with the Vice Principal and also my teachers. This helped me stay involved in all my studies. My grades starting picking up the end of my junior year and I found myself getting more and more involved. I joined JROTC, and also entered one of my paintings into the school art gallery which was bought by the school. My overall rate is definitely 5 stars because of the dedication they have to their students!
What I lik about Taylorsville High is the amount of support you receive from the teachers and administrators. They always look out for you and acknowledge you when you’re doing a good job in school. They care a lot about your attendance and how you carry yourself through school. The administrators do whatever they can do to make sure the students are in classes. If we aren’t doing so well, trackers will pull us out and go over our school records. They help you find solutions to having better grades and being able to focus better. We have a lot of opportunities to learn more about college and we have great sources to help us have a better chance of going to college. Teachers work with us and our personal schedules. They also teach us in a way to understand the subject which is a good thing, because when we are taught in the best way possible we continue to gain more knowledge.