Taylorsville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A393 Students
- B+237 Students
- C+235 Students
- B-182 Students
- B133 Students
- B-131 Students
- C+114 Students
- B+90 Students
- A+89 Students
- B-87 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 71 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Taylorsville High School Reviews
I feel like I had a pretty average high school experience as far as academics go. Most of my teachers were okay, I never had any major conflicts with them. I did have a few teachers that I loved dearly and am still in contact with today. I had some disturbing things happen to me with a guy that had Asperger syndrome, the administration handled things very well. As far as diversity goes in the school, there is some diversity but it's not the most diverse school you'll find in the state of Utah. If you are looking for a school with a good athletic program, Taylorsville is not the best place to go. The gym teachers are hilarious, but the athletic teams don't perform very well. However the cheer and baseball teams are pretty good. The choral arts program at Taylorsville is amazing, Leah Tarrant is the director. She it like a mother to me, everyone calls her momma T. Not only is the director great, but the choirs compete and win!
Before I transferred to Taylorsville High, I wasn't on the path of success towards graduation. I was slacking in everything that has to do with school and I was failing at trying to get back on my feet. Once I got registered into Tville, everything changed for me. It definitely took a while, because I was still stuck in my old ways, but after a couple of my friends got expelled from the school, I realized that something needs to change. I continued to do what I was doing, which was setting me back, but I found ways to make everything work. I started communicating more with the Vice Principal and also my teachers. This helped me stay involved in all my studies. My grades starting picking up the end of my junior year and I found myself getting more and more involved. I joined JROTC, and also entered one of my paintings into the school art gallery which was bought by the school. My overall rate is definitely 5 stars because of the dedication they have to their students!
Taylorsville High School was the high school that I chose to attend. When deciding where to go, I had to keep in mind that I was planning on being a high school athlete- and with that there would be a lot of back and forth travel. Since THS is closer to my home, it is where I chose to go. Honestly looking back, I am SO happy with my decision. Overall Taylorsville isn't a very "popular" school to attend. The athletics as a whole aren't outstanding, the building is older, and many of the teachers were at some point, students there. In my three years there, I was impressed to see that there were so many improvements made. Athletics became steadily better, teachers seemed to be more involved and cared for students, and the building had a lot of repairs to make it look a lot better! My overall experience with THS was a good one, and I am thankful for the time I was able to spend there.