Taylor High School is an above average, public school located in Kokomo, IN. It has 413 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Taylor High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+76 Students
- B76 Students
- A+69 Students
- A62 Students
- B+38 Students
- B-34 Students
- NG29 Students
- B24 Students
- A-20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Taylor High School
- B-Maconaquah High School
- Maconaquah School Corporation, IN
- 78 reviews
- B-Tipton High School
- Tipton Community School Corporation, IN
- 80 reviews
- BOak Hill High School
- Oak Hill United School Corporation, IN
- 88 reviews
- B+Eastern Junior/Senior High School
- Eastern Howard School Corporation, IN
- 55 reviews
Taylor High School Reviews
I liked how involved the teachers were with my education. They were like friends to me, and their only goal is to see the students succeed. I also like how many different extra curricular activities there were that you can be involved in. The only thing I would like to see changed is more diversity within the school. In my senior class there’s only 5 African Americans, and no other ethnicities except a couple Mexicans.
I really enjoyed my time at Taylor and I had several great teachers that really went above and beyond what is expected. Because Taylor High School is a small school, the teachers are able to focus on students one on one and help with any problems or just work more individually to make sure the students fully understand the material that is covered throughout their classes. Taylor High School has several clubs and are pushing to expand every day. My favorite part there was the art department, and now they have an entire building dedicated to the arts. Mrs. Dishon is one of my favorite teachers ever, and she is one of the most caring and genuine people I have ever known.
Taylor High school is a great school I recommend to anyone involved in clubs and diversity. They need to fix the facilities and the food, it's all outdated!