Taunton High School is an above average, public school located in Taunton, MA. It has 2,486 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 31 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Taunton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A167 Students
- C+147 Students
- B-130 Students
- A+109 Students
- A+103 Students
- B+101 Students
- A+76 Students
- B63 Students
- B+52 Students
- C+47 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like Taunton High School
- BB.M.C. Durfee High School
- Fall River Public Schools, MA
- 235 reviews
- BHolbrook Junior/Senior High School
- Holbrook Public Schools, MA
- 23 reviews
- BAttleboro High School
- Attleboro Public Schools, MA
- 294 reviews
- C+Avon Middle/High School
- Avon Public Schools, MA
- 33 reviews
Taunton High School Reviews
I felt Taunton High School's guidance department could helped more with my college readiness. I felt as though they only told us to do something without a rhyme or reason as to why it will benefit us or motivate us to begin our life's journey. The food was mostly cold and if you have fifth lunch, you have to deal with whatever is left over. The requirements for gym class is unrealistic and forces kids to overexert themselves in timed running excersizes (1/2 mile, mile, mile and 1/2, pacer, and more). For kids with self esteem issues (like myself) or even just nonathletic children, this is a nightmare and a chance for those football stars to judge us. The faculty and staff, however, are more a 50/50 hit or miss. The English department is by far my favorite group of teachers who were, unfortunately, the only ones who truly helped me on my road to be successful in college. I gave THS a 3 star rating because of these reasons.
Taunton High is an excellent school. The teachers really care about students and there’s always lots to do by means of clubs, sports, etc. They prepare students for college but are also aware that not everyone goes down that path, and prepares students for careers with classes in culinary, management, business, finance, graphic design, woodworking / shop, the list goes on! While we might get bad press on occasion, the good of THS and our students outweighs the bad tenfold. We definitely need more funding as there is a lot to be improved upon (food quality, for one) but as a senior about to graduate and go to an Ivy League school, I can 100% say THS prepared me for the future. Go tigers!!
Taunton High School is a school who people may not believe is that good of a school to be being a city school and all the troublemakers, but believe me when I say it is a very good school! The teachers and staff care very much and will do anything to help you succeed in high school. I always see our Headmaster at very home sporting event and he always talk to his students! Taunton High School is home to over 50 clubs and activities, 18 varsity sports, and over 15 different AP courses to take!