Tappan Zee High School is a top rated, public school located in Orangeburg, NY. It has 1,061 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 96% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Tappan Zee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-135 Students
- A+94 Students
- A+89 Students
- A+88 Students
- A-86 Students
- A+84 Students
- B+70 Students
- B61 Students
- A60 Students
- A-54 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Tappan Zee High School
- A+Ardsley High School
- Ardsley Union Free School District, NY
- 129 reviews
- A+Tenafly High School
- Tenafly Public School District, NJ
- 109 reviews
- ADobbs Ferry High School
- Dobbs Ferry Union Free School District, NY
- 122 reviews
- APascack Hills High School
- Pascack Valley Regional High School District, NJ
- 123 reviews
Tappan Zee High School Reviews
Teachers and coaches are invested in making the school great. Teachers can relate to HS students. Plenty of opportunities to participate in sports, clubs, leadership programs and honor societies. Everyone is accepted for the person they are. There are all types of students and they accept each other and work side by side each other. There is tremendous school spirit. Many students attend sporting events, concerts, etc. Students want to do well in school and help and support each other. There is a feeling of community and family throughout the school. The academic classes ate challenging but fair. They have all different levels to support all of th students and their individual abilities. The building is maintained in a nice way and there are many renovations being done to keep it up to date.
The school over all is a fine school. It is your average suburban white bread school. it is mostly made up of blue color workers. In this political, polarized environment it is hard to talk to friends about the state of our country. Most of the students just follow their parents lead on this state of affairs. My parents are on opposite sides. So I made up my own mind on whats right and wrong. I feel it has separated out of people in this school. There is always the normal clicks and social tensions but now it is even harder to get along.
Tappan Zee High School is a large school where everybody gets to know each other through connectivity in the classroom, extracurricular activities, and athletic events. There is always a great turnout at sports games and for art happenings such as open mics for musicians and poets. Student involvement plays a big role in getting things done. However, the teachers are always willing to listen and provide for student projects. Overall, everyone I know has loved their experience with Tappan Zee High School and was well-prepared for college.