Tappan Zee High School is a top rated, public school located in Orangeburg, NY. It has 1,084 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Tappan Zee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A114 Students
- A+87 Students
- A+78 Students
- A+76 Students
- A-72 Students
- A+70 Students
- A-64 Students
- B54 Students
- A52 Students
- C+45 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Tappan Zee High School
- A+Ardsley High School
- Ardsley Union Free School District, NY
- 121 reviews
- A+Tenafly High School
- Tenafly Public Schools, NJ
- 95 reviews
- ADobbs Ferry High School
- Dobbs Ferry Union Free School District, NY
- 119 reviews
- A+Pascack Hills High School
- Pascack Valley Regional High School District, NJ
- 116 reviews
Tappan Zee High School Reviews
Tappan Zee High School is a large school where everybody gets to know each other through connectivity in the classroom, extracurricular activities, and athletic events. There is always a great turnout at sports games and for art happenings such as open mics for musicians and poets. Student involvement plays a big role in getting things done. However, the teachers are always willing to listen and provide for student projects. Overall, everyone I know has loved their experience with Tappan Zee High School and was well-prepared for college.
Tappan Zee High School is a very nice school with lots of opportunity to further one's education. For four years students are given help to follow any career path they may be interested in. Whether it is a career in music, engineering, teaching or art, TZHS offers classes students can participate in throughout their high school journey. Not to mention the many sports and clubs students can get involved with. The teachers and other staff are very friendly and will gladly help students out with any problem they may be facing. Overall my experience at Tappan Zee was great. Personally I had an amazing time, made lots of new friends, participated in sports, and learned quite a lot.
I love my school. There are so many activities and clubs to get involved, and best of all funding is equally spread across music, theater, language, athletics, and more so that no one activity is favored. I find the learning style very hands on but also very informative and depending on the classes one chooses to take, the coursework is very diverse and just challenging enough.