Tamarac Middle School High School is a public school located in Troy, NY. It has 684 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Tamarac Middle School High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+22 Students
- B-15 Students
- B12 Students
- B+10 Students
- B8 Students
- B-8 Students
- A7 Students
- A-7 Students
- C7 Students
- A-6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Tamarac Middle School High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Tamarac Middle School High School
- BStillwater Middle/High School
- Stillwater Central School District, NY
- 36 reviews
- CHoosic Valley Junior Senior High School
- Hoosic Valley Central School District, NY
- 30 reviews
- BHoosick Falls Junior/Senior High School
- Hoosick Falls Central School District, NY
- 40 reviews
- C+Mechanicville Junior/Senior High School
- Mechanicville City School District, NY
- 28 reviews
Tamarac Middle School High School Reviews
Tamarac is a great school for everyone, regardless of race, religion, color, and sexual orientation. The student body is extremely diverse and there are an abundance of extra-curricular activities avilable for students. Whether you’re into theater, music, or helping others out, Tamarac has a club or group for you! This school is academically prospering and has helped me shape my future.
Great school. Teachers always showed concern for the students and made sure everyone was safe. I graduated in 2007 and it was a school that focused on education and sports, mainly soccer and football. Most teachers truly care about their students and can adapt their teaching techniques to the students ability to learn. Everyone knew each other and the small town school atmosphere was excellent. Every school has their cliques but when it comes to school spirit every teacher and student came together. Any tragedy in the community was offered with school support systems. The only negative was diversity is low in specs.
Moved states and schools half way through high school and Tamarac was welcoming place. The library staff are the best and super kind, and there are great teachers that really care about their students and their classes. The only downside, like all small town high schools is that the sports team politics, mainly girls basketball, are unbearable. Which lead me to not continue onto sports my senior year. Track was pleasant but the girls coach didn't really coach, except for his throwers, no one else. Great academics, welcoming school, and overall great experience. Side note: If you have the grades, b average you get immediate acceptance into Hudson Valley Community College.