Talawanda High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A154 Students
- A+63 Students
- A-50 Students
- A-48 Students
- B42 Students
- A22 Students
- B21 Students
- B-19 Students
- A+17 Students
- A+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Talawanda High School
- A-Ross High School
- Ross Local School District, OH
- 104 reviews
- B-Edgewood High School
- Edgewood City School District, OH
- 87 reviews
- BWilliam Henry Harrison High School
- Southwest Local School District, OH
- 86 reviews
- B-Union County High School
- Union County-College Corner Joint School District, IN
- 46 reviews
Talawanda High School Reviews
Review Talawanda High School
I have been to many other schools and this one is by far the best! They have great teachers, sports and clubs. They also have a great opportunity working with Miami University , letting high school students take classes at Miami. The students can start working towards their college credit for free. The school pays for it. You could have your whole freshman year done before you even graduate high school, without breaking a penny. Now that is something to take advantage of! They also work very well with students who have distillates and help make accommodations. This is a great school and I highly recommend it.
THS seemed like a very large and immersive place. Yet, after leaving the area for college, I now see that THS is a rigid school system with loose boundaries. Academics did not prepare me very well for college, even though I was in AP courses and in the Honors program. Their classes were very passive and laid back, even though they were advertised as difficult and rigorous. There wasn't an extremely welcoming atmosphere through the school, even though I felt safe. People stayed in their cliques and rarely talked to people outside of their groups. Other than that, the teachers tried to be involved with their student's lives, and the best thing about school was the FFA program.
I moved to Oxford, Ohio in June of 2016. I started my senior year at Talawanda High School in August. I have been to seven different schools in my life, and Talawanda would be first on my list. The academics are great. If you need help there are certain teachers appointed to help at different times. The teachers and students are very welcoming and caring. Starting over your senior year is hard, but they made it easier for me. Mr. Derringer brought me into the FFA group here at Talawanda, and that is where I found my home. Since I've been here I have set better goals for myself, I've applied and been accepted to my dream college. I have made some amazing friends, and met some amazing people. At the end of the day, I wouldn't trade it for anything.