Talawanda High School is an above average, public school located in Oxford, OH. It has 982 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Talawanda High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-239 Students
- A+101 Students
- A-93 Students
- A91 Students
- B-72 Students
- B-37 Students
- B36 Students
- A34 Students
- B+30 Students
- A-29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Talawanda High School
- B+Ross High School
- Ross Local School District, OH
- 120 reviews
- B-Edgewood High School
- Edgewood City School District, OH
- 98 reviews
- B-William Henry Harrison High School
- Southwest Local School District, OH
- 121 reviews
- B-Union County High School
- Union County-College Corner Joint School District, IN
- 49 reviews
Talawanda High School Reviews
My experience started freshman year. Everybody, even the seniors were accepting of all classes. There were plenty of activities, events, and clubs to join, almost too many. I played football all four years, lettering in three of them. With being a football player it made you the example of the school, we were considered as one of the smartest teams GPA wise, exemplary volunteer service, and conncections that go beyond the classroom. Like wise I could say the same for my other club that I joined, Talawanda High school's NHS chapter. Overall my classmates, and myself, were cared about, and accepted at Talawanda High School
I've so far had a great experience going to this school. Whenever help was needed the teachers are always there to get you through things you don't understand as well as giving resources you may need and not know it. They are always giving opportunities to get you ahead such as FCCLA doing projects and going out of state for conventions and community service. English teachers make us prepared for real life things as writing recommendation letters, many of essays for ransom to get us ahead, and preparing resumes for colleges and works to look at. I feel this school offers so much academically and through sports for all students. The diversity in the students is also a plus because many students are exposed to different things.
I have been to many other schools and this one is by far the best! They have great teachers, sports and clubs. They also have a great opportunity working with Miami University , letting high school students take classes at Miami. The students can start working towards their college credit for free. The school pays for it. You could have your whole freshman year done before you even graduate high school, without breaking a penny. Now that is something to take advantage of! They also work very well with students who have distillates and help make accommodations. This is a great school and I highly recommend it.