Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A118 Students
- A+49 Students
- A-40 Students
- A-36 Students
- B31 Students
- B19 Students
- A+16 Students
- A13 Students
- A-13 Students
- A+12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Talawanda High School Reviews
Review Talawanda High School
I moved to Oxford, Ohio in June of 2016. I started my senior year at Talawanda High School in August. I have been to seven different schools in my life, and Talawanda would be first on my list. The academics are great. If you need help there are certain teachers appointed to help at different times. The teachers and students are very welcoming and caring. Starting over your senior year is hard, but they made it easier for me. Mr. Derringer brought me into the FFA group here at Talawanda, and that is where I found my home. Since I've been here I have set better goals for myself, I've applied and been accepted to my dream college. I have made some amazing friends, and met some amazing people. At the end of the day, I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Overall, Talawanda High School was a good high school. It is is newer building, so it has nice amenities and it high quality. I would mostly change the social aspects of the school. It gets very clique-y and not always the most accepting. The sports teams and classes are high quality and nearly all of them want you to thrive within the classrooms as well as have fun. There are many opportunities for clubs and an array of classes.
Talawanda High School offers multiple fitness opportunities for both boys and girls, including sports such as lacrosse, hockey, golf, and many more. Sports without a boys and girls team can be co-ed offering opportunity to everyone. Students are very involved in the athletics program, and I would say that about half of the students in the school play some type of sport. As well as being involved, the teams are good! THS is known especially for excellence in women's basketball, track and field, swimming and diving, golf, women's tennis, and volleyball. Having a newer high school has given the school newer facilities allowing sports performance and involvement to increase. The new facilities also offer more practice space for current and new sports teams. To top it all off, the school spirit is off the charts! Who doesn't love to cheer on a good sports team who pulls out a win with all of your classmates?