Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Tahlequah High School is an above average, public school located in Tahlequah, OK. It has 1,238 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 33% in reading.
Tahlequah High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus289 Students
- grade A179 Students
- grade A171 Students
- grade A minus112 Students
- grade B104 Students
- grade C58 Students
- grade B+52 Students
- grade B+46 Students
- grade C+45 Students
- grade C+44 Students
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 80 responses
- Pep rallys13%
- Senior activities13%
- Sporting events13%
- School musical10%
- Spirit Week5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,015 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 38 responses
Schools like Tahlequah High School
Tahlequah High School Reviews
Rating 3.51 out of 5 237 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I have learned so many new things since I have moved to this high school. Teamwork is done very well and there are numerous groups you have the opportunity to join. Sports are always available and everyone is encouraged to join something! There are so many students who are willing to help others, and there is an abundance of nice students. The staff are always there to help individuals who need it, and who need guidance.
I love Tahlequah High School. I came my Junior year and have had an excellent experience! Our football team was District Champions this year, our band is awesome, and our teachers are top notch! Our cafeteria offers several choices for lunch each day. Over all, my only complaint is that I didn't go to school here until my Junior year. I have loved every second!
Overtime, I was able to form many wonderful memories at Tahlequah High. While our school district may struggle financially at times, the devotion that the THS faculty carries towards its school and students is truly inspiring. Many teachers strive for absolute excellence in their classrooms with what resources they are given, and work hastily to be involved in the academic achievement of their students. The programs I was involved in (National Honors Society, Business Professionals of America, English Club, Honors Choir, Art Club, The Dance Team), allowed me to dive deeper into the inner workings of the school system. The pure academic vigor of many pf the students at THS if remarkable to say the least. Many students I've personally known are incredible scholars and athletes. As with any school, THS has had its ups and down, but overall, the school works to be the best it can be, and I hope it continues to prosper.