Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Tahanto Regional High School is an above average, public school located in Boylston, MA. It has 583 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 64% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Tahanto Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A73 Students
- B+31 Students
- A+30 Students
- A+30 Students
- C+27 Students
- A+24 Students
- B+24 Students
- A+21 Students
- A19 Students
- B18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Tahanto Regional High School
- A-Sutton High School
- Sutton Public Schools, MA
- 40 reviews
- ALittleton High School
- Littleton Public Schools, MA
- 61 reviews
- ANipmuc Regional High School
- Mendon-Upton Regional School District, MA
- 93 reviews
- B+Auburn Senior High School
- Auburn Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 82 reviews
Tahanto Regional High School Reviews
Stag Pride abounds at Tahanto. Drive by any morning and you will see school themed attire in many many forms, being worn. The grounds and surroundings are truly beautiful, nestled on banks of Wachusett Reservoir is a very special location. Sincere devotion from administration is felt as soon as you arrive. Dedicated Superintendent and Principle work tirelessly updating families and attend school activities. Counselors support students and provide flexible options. Opportunity at Tahanto is uniquely available throughout all grades. Creative class choices that cross grade levels often provide options. Refresh days, multiple clubs, theater, athletics, school spirit events , kind Cafeteria, Custodial, Coaching staffs, with positive Teachers makes for a one of kind School. The community, parents, and alumni, love to support their Tahanto Stags.
The new building is very accommodating for the number of students, but its awkward corners and angles provide a metric crapton of hiding spots, and make the school look more like a modern art museum. The classes are small and allow students to have one-on-one time with the teacher, something I've had to use during my junior year. Lunches are typical of high-school food, and offer a good variety. However, there are days when the bells are broken, when the heating/cooling shuts off, and water pressure across the building varies widely- some areas have barely any water flow, and others have fire hose-like pressure.
Great school! Academics are great! Difficult work so they are fully prepared for college. There have been a few bad teachers, one science teacher my son had messed up his gpa. He would do extra credit & his grade would go down! LOL! Terrible, but she is gone. Most teachers spend the extra time with kids and are excellent! Staff is excellent! Truly care for kids! Sports teams excel, there ARE cuts, so don't know why people are saying there aren't. I get sad when kids are cut, but mostly that happens in middle school to weed out the kids who aren't really athletic. Very happy with this school. There could be more extra curriculars though. No bullying, kids are hard workers & generally excel.