Taft Charter High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+262 Students
- B218 Students
- A+170 Students
- A+165 Students
- A+144 Students
- C143 Students
- A134 Students
- A-107 Students
- A101 Students
- A100 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 118 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.50 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.64 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.68 responses
Taft Charter High School Reviews
Review Taft Charter High School
Taft has a lot of diversity, despite the fact that many of its students are of Persian descent. Many students are engaged in both in-school and out-of-school activities. My only concern is that some of the teachers aren't the best, and being here for four years, I have come across a few who do not do their job properly. On the bright side, there are excellent teachers who balance it out! Just do your best as a student and pick the right classes. The rest is based on luck!
I had to be enrolled in all honors classes to avoid classes filled with students that constantly interrupt class and disrespect the teacher. The honors classes are taught well and are much more education oriented whereas the teachers in non-honors classes generally hand out worksheets and rarely lecture, which is much closer to middle school level learning. The cafeteria food was edible at most but it's the same for all of LAUSD. The campus was often covered with litter and classrooms were rarely cleaned by janitors. The classrooms were perhaps cleaned monthly. The school, however, is very ethnically diverse and has a large variety of clubs for students to join.
Taft charter highschool overall is a good school and have the programs, teachers,to help you along the way in graduating highschool and preparing you for college since there is AP courses and extracurricular activities to join. I liked how there was clubs for everyone to feel a part of something. If there was something I would change about Taft is really talking and going over what will be needed to go into college and what classes should be taken , not only talking about that information in senior year when it would have been too late.