Taconic High School is an above average, public school located in Pittsfield, MA. It has 706 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Taconic High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A87 Students
- C54 Students
- C46 Students
- A+45 Students
- B-40 Students
- A+31 Students
- A+31 Students
- C+30 Students
- B27 Students
- B26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Taconic High School
- BPittsfield High School
- Pittsfield Public Schools, MA
- 112 reviews
- C+Drury High School
- North Adams Public Schools, MA
- 42 reviews
- C+New Lebanon Junior/Senior High School
- New Lebanon Central School District, NY
- 27 reviews
- B+Wahconah Regional High School
- Central Berkshire Public Schools, MA
- 80 reviews
Taconic High School Reviews
Taconic is situated in the middle of the beautiful Berkshires and has committed faculty and staff. It has both vocational and academic tracks. There are lots of sports fields on the school campus. I had good experiences with the arts and theater departments. My biggest complaint about my experience there was that the building was in bad shape, but it was recently renovated!
I started attending Taconic High School when I was a sophomore and they were really nice to me and helpful. I asked many teachers for help and they were willing to go out of their way to help me. The students were very unapproachable a first, but when you got to know them they were very friendly. During my junior year, I faced discrimination from my teachers and the administration helped me with my struggles as a minority in the school. The principal was very empathic towards my situation and opted to make a change. The school still has some issues to work on, but it has come a long way from where it started.
Taconic has teachers that really care about students, but is lacking the resources and administration to help the students. While we have a very nice beautiful new building, the behavior of the students continues to get worse and the violence is not being stopped by the administration. The students voices aren't being heard and their clubs are being cut so funding can go towards sports teams.