T. Dewitt Taylor Middle/High School is a public school located in Pierson, FL. It has 1,165 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 40% in reading.
T. Dewitt Taylor Middle/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-141 Students
- A+137 Students
- C116 Students
- B+88 Students
- B+81 Students
- A80 Students
- A75 Students
- A+60 Students
- B44 Students
- B42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
T. Dewitt Taylor Middle/High School Reviews
i love all the clubs at the school. One thing i would change is the favorite picking in sports/ clubs. I would also have a stronger system in bullying and take situations a little more seriously. This is because if not treated with the severity of the situation, it could lead to serious issues. I also believe that they should stop calling out only certain kids for dress code. Thus, if someone is not in dress code, dress code everyone. Overall, this is an amazing school!
I have been at this school since 6th grade and I am so proud to be a part of the Taylor Wildcat community! There is no other school I would rather go to because at this school, you know everybody and everyone knows you. Along with everyone else, you become a family and support each other through any circumstance. When you are part of a club, you are joined with people you already know and together you meet new people and help the environment. When you join a sport, the entire school comes together to support the team and we proudly acknowledge exceptional athletes. At this school, everyone is welcome and the wildcat pride only lives on. This is undeniably true because, "Once a Wildcat, Always a Wildcat!"
The thing I’m most liked about Taylor middle high school was that all the people there were very loving and kind and the teachers really you look for their students to be successful in the classroom and in life. I look at myself as a person who really admires success and I really feel like the teachers wanting me to succeed is a boost in confidence for me and it allows me to see myself for who I really am. Overall my experience definitely was one for the books. I think I would want to be able to redo it! If I could, that is.